Doing my EGR delete now. Couple questions?

junioRace

Established Member
In the middle of doing my EGR delete. Following Chiz's delete how-to, still have a couple questions.

First, when I remove the pink line to the vacuum actuator, I should just cap that off at the actuator.....right...or NOT right? Not really mentioned in Chiz's.

Second, on the 3 lines that come off of the upper plenum (2 red, 1 black), I removed them from the plenum and capped the plenum plug. What do I do with the black? It migrates back to a tee. Can I remove it at the tee and cap the tee?

Thanks, guys.

junioRace

Established Member
Still waiting on some help here. I'm posting up a couple pics from the camera phone.

As you can see, I have capped off the plenum in this pic. Is this correct? What do I do with the black line that is at the tip of my thumb. Cap it??
EGRdelete1.jpg

On this pic, what do I do with the pink line coming from the top of the boost actuator?
EGRdelete2.jpg

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Cap the Valve fitting (Pink line) and I if I remember correctly you only remove one of the red lines from the main plenium fitting. One of the red lines goes to the EAVP VMV and the black goes to check valve behind the battery. You cap the black line off after the T going behind the SC.

This should help make sense of the lines.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346764&highlight=egr

Last edited:

junioRace

Established Member
Thanks. Think I about have it now. I removed the cap that I had put on the plenum, then reinstalled the 3-line vacuum back onto the plenum. Removed the red line that can come off. Found where the black line comes around the back of the SC and tees into the black line running into the plenum. Removed that and capped it at the tee. Also removed the pink line and capped it at the boost valve.

RIDE THE, you mentioned in the link you posted that you have the boost bypass mod done in your tune? Was this done just so you don't throw a code...or will the truck run bad with that boost valve capped off?

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The valve will still operate from the vac line that goes towards the intake tube. I'm not sure about capping the valve or not. I never tried it.

Most people have the Boost Bypass mod done by swapping out the lines and capping off the union at the solenoid. I had this done as well. IIRC most handhelds will not through a code if the solenoid is removed. My tune was made for the truck on a blank chip so my tuner tuned it with no solenoid output control. Basically the PCM doesn't try to control the solenoid or set a code for it not being there.

Make sense? I think I'm confused now.:shrug:

junioRace

Established Member
RIDE THE said:
The valve will still operate from the vac line that goes towards the intake tube. I'm not sure about capping the valve or not. I never tried it.

Most people have the Boost Bypass mod done by swapping out the lines and capping off the union at the solenoid. I had this done as well. IIRC most handhelds will not through a code if the solenoid is removed. My tune was made for the truck on a blank chip so my tuner tuned it with no solenoid output control. Basically the PCM doesn't try to control the solenoid or set a code for it not being there.

Make sense? I think I'm confused now.:shrug:
ha. You "unconfused" me on a lot of the stuff. thanks

Maybe someone else will jump in and offer up some more info.........

junioRace

Established Member
blklightningy2k said:
i just wish you'd change your avatar, that is fckn crazy.
ha..... I use the same avatar at other forums...and get the same replies.

Now......back on the boost actuator and the pink line. HELP!

junioRace

Established Member
RIDE THE....thanks for helping me get the EGR delete done right. Last thing I had to figure out was what to do with the pink line. Basically did the "boost bypass" mod. Installed a tee in the vacuum source for the boost gauge and ran the pink line from the actuator to that tee. (Didn't have to cap off the solenoid, as that is now unplugged.) Really no other way to do it that I can see..... Truck started fine and idled smoothly. Everything appeared okay on the test drive of about 4 miles. After I shut the truck down and restarted I got the SES light...which I figured would happen. Haven't checked the codes yet, but will later. I may post pics later if anyone is interested.

Now that I appear to have the EGR delete out of the way, I'm gonna start on the MADFAN install tomorrow night, along with the RUSlow underdrive pullies. Then it will be ready for the dyno session/tune.

Users who are viewing this thread