domestic dispute

defiancy

Defiancy
Established Member
Alright so I have been curious about this ever since I found out about this.
I live in San Diego County and here alot of times the police are rather unforgivining on the military(marines mostly) because there are so many of us and a large part of the police force is or was in the marines. Now. My friend who is a fellow marine was involved in a domestic with his wife a few weeks ago. Now he was the one who called the police because she bit him on the arm. Now at the scene he was arrested even though he was the one that got bit and they knew that he didn't hit her. No charges were filed but my question is why arrest the victim in this case? They have no kids and live in an apartment. And I think maybe it had something to do with the fact that perhaps the arresting officer was a marine and maybe was trying to be harder on my friend. But has anyone ever heard of this being true? I mean arresting the person who was attacked?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
defiancy said:
Alright so I have been curious about this ever since I found out about this.
I live in San Diego County and here alot of times the police are rather unforgivining on the military(marines mostly) because there are so many of us and a large part of the police force is or was in the marines. Now. My friend who is a fellow marine was involved in a domestic with his wife a few weeks ago. Now he was the one who called the police because she bit him on the arm. Now at the scene he was arrested even though he was the one that got bit and they knew that he didn't hit her. No charges were filed but my question is why arrest the victim in this case? They have no kids and live in an apartment. And I think maybe it had something to do with the fact that perhaps the arresting officer was a marine and maybe was trying to be harder on my friend. But has anyone ever heard of this being true? I mean arresting the person who was attacked?

I doubt you got the entire story. If he was the only one with visible wounds, he wouldnt have been arrested. If no charges were filed, are sure he was arrested? He was handcuffed and brought to the station and fingerprinted?

This isnt adding up.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Sounds like you don't know the full story, only your "friends" version. The female biting your friend could have been a defensive move on her part. Maybe your friend "forgot" to tell you that he was choking her at the time she bit him??? Just one of 1000 scenerios that "could have" taken place. Also, even if a domestic violence victim doesn't wish to "press charges", doesn't mean that the State can't press charges if certain elements exist.

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
Domestic violence cases are taken seriously by every court system. A D.V. charge is not something an officer would slap on someone to try to appear "harder" than someone else. Officers open themselves up to major lawsuits and losing their career/house/cars when they pull stunts like that. I agree with everyone else, I think your friend has left out some of the details.

Users who are viewing this thread