Domestic Violence Dispute, and prior Ferrari encounter

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Haven't had much time to drive my car since the weather here sucks. There has been T-storms like everyday and it will continue through next thursday/friday.

Anyway here is the skinny.

I was taking my friend for a ride in my car for the first time and hit up the highway, and the end of the highway I always do a u-turn and go back on. As I am waiting for the light I here someone throw a rev behind me. I turn and see a primered black notch with 4 hoodpins. I return the rev and signal to do a u-turn with my hand. He nods. Light turns green I roll out and do a u-turn. He follows suit and I tell him to get beside me. I thought I heard a Supercharger in the car (later it turns out to be the straight-cut gears in the trans). So we line up at like 20mph and I tell him on 3. I honk it off and stuff it. Pure traction, (thanks to 275/40/17 bfg DR 2's) in first I hop a car out. Slam 2nd Put like 3 cars on him. Pill the light into 3rd @ ~66mph and straight run away like I just slapped a priest. Shut down midway through 4th @ like 115-120 with a significant lead. Wait for him to catch up and he asks if its a 347, I tell him its windsor powered and to pull off the next exit.

We pull over and bullshit for a bit. As it turns out he just bought the car for 3K and was out beating it up. He didn't know to much about it except it had straight cut gears in the trans, and a rear disc 5-lug conversion.

The motor had holley systemax intake, Mass-air, 30 lb injectors, Power performance 70-75mm throttle body, full exhaust, pullies, ignition. As for the internals I dunno. If the heads were aftermarket then they were steel. Car probably had a 3.73 gear the way he took off out the lot.

All in all it was a cool run and great to finally have my car running and get my first random encounter. :pepper:

I did kinda have one before but it was cut short from a Ferrari tool that brake checked me/missed a gear.

A red 355 w/ tubi exhaust was going on the highway as I was leaving the highway from taking my other friend for a blast. I quickly got in line behind him as he merged, and he musta stuffed it @ around 30 because I shifted to second and when I got on it, it took me to the top of 2nd to stop his pull because I was off cam, once I slammed third I started approaching the target vehicle :D and It looked like he either nailed the brakes w/ no lights, or missed a gear cause I had to scrub off from 80-40 in like 2 seconds. This is not easy in a car with a solid roller and stock power brake booster! (albeit a canister). I was kind of angry at that and he drove like 50mph in the fast lane and wouldn't even look over at me like the tool he is. He knew what was coming. Funny I couldn't hear the car at full throttle, but that's a high pitch car and mine is a deep throaty 357W so hehe.
I'm pretty sure it couldn't hang with my car without getting on it. Shit, its not like the 3.5L ~380 crank hp 5-valvers have gobs of torque er anything down low. Still would trade my car in a second for it.

I know the car had a tubi exhaust and clutch from when he was getting his car detailed at the wash bay across from the shop I worked at years ago.:pepper:

Anyway thank you for your time.

-Dan-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread