Donate to help Katrina victims

DJP

Established Member
Nice post, man. I donated to my block association here in NYC. I'll donate again.

I got ARC @ P.O. Box 97089, Washington D.C. 20090-7089. Tax Deductible.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
People were all up in arms about the Tsunami victims, and rightfuly so and when it happens here, is seems like no one gives a crap.

These people need help. The conditions are deplorable. The response has been weak. Remember that the heaviest hit districts were the poor. The majority of them are earning less than 8K a year in the heaviest hit parts. If you have to ask why they didn't leave, they couldn't.

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
Yes, many of those people couldn't leave at all. With no car, how do you get far enough away from that monster?

This is on a such a scale it defies belief. The tsunami was bad, but it didn't destroy a modern city like New Orleans and then remain once it was finished.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Everyone on here should try to at least give five or ten dollars at the least. Skip a meal or something. Our fellow americans need your help.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
cobra_4 said:
Everyone on here should try to at least give five or ten dollars at the least. Skip a meal or something. Our fellow americans need your help.
:beer:

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
We did through wife's job where the company doubled the amount! Check with your employer as they often match donations and make your money go farther!

fr03cobra

Established Member
I know this is a long shot for you guys on hear but my wife's work will match dollar for dollar on the money donated to the redcross. If you guys could p.m me and let me know if you want to do that. I would do what ever I could to get you a receipt. Her work will match up to $5000. If not then so I tried.

I see red03's wife's work does the same.

Last edited:

Lt.FrankBullitt

Established Member
I want to thank all of you here that donated....I lost all my food in the frig and freezer, I could not access any money at the bank and all I could get the family to eat where MRE's. I went to a red cross center and was given a debit card. I have food now in my house...thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of you that cared so much.

Users who are viewing this thread