Don't ask don't tell repeal question

SVT4ME

Established Member
What branch of the military are you in? Are you aware that there are restrictions on heterosexual couples as well. Look up Co-habitation. In the military you can't just go screw whoever you want. This isn't the damn 60's!! There are also rules against PDA. YES- hetero's are restricted from hanging all over each other in or out of uniform. Shocking I know!!

That's why I said they should be allowed to do anything a hetrosexual should be allowed to do. If they can't Marry then they aren't getting equal treatment.

Discrimination? WTF are you talking about. For one let me say this. I know for a fact I've had gay people work for me. Their lifestyle was their choice. But they NEVER brought their "issues" to work and neither do I. What my wife and I do is NO ONE's business unless or until it impacts work. And since you obviously have no fricken clue as to what you are talking about what the military does doesn't have a civilian parrallel- ie: WE need to be focused on tasks at hand. NOT social engineering. I don't have time to be dealing with who is screwing who when we are in combat. Combat is tough enough as is- now YOU and your ilk want to FORCE the military to bow to your ideology? W/E. When you pick up a rifle and put some rounds down range IN UNIFORM I'll listen to your opinion. Until then STFU:bash:

During my twenty years I did drug interdiction in South America, Desert Storm, Phoenix Scorpion, Provide Comfort, Northern and Southern Watch and Enduring Freedom. So am qualified to know what goes on. Was never a front line combat troop because my time was spent in an AF and it didn’t expose me to any level of combat. And there's enough PDA to going on and everyone turns a blind eye, unless your a gay couple. You did say you'd listen if I did my time and I did so listen to this, Go F yourself!

The way it is now is fine. People are basically free to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't impact work. Once your lifestyle impacts work you become a liability whether you are gay, bi, straight, alcoholic, druggy, swinger, adulterer etc.... when it starts negatively impacting your mission- action MUST be taken.

It's not fine for the people who have to hide in the shadows when everyone I ever deployed with got off that plane after 10 months and kissed and hug their partner and before you asked it was my wife who is a woman.

Bottom line is we who join the military go in with eyes open. The rules are explained and re-explained through out your time in service. In case YOU didn't know there is NO draft. So the people who join do so by CHOICE. No one forced them- they accepted the rules. If you don't like the rules either don't join or get the eff out!!:fm:

It's wrong when they did this to blacks, woman and now gays.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Let me be the first to say that gay’s should be able to do anything an heterosexual couples should be allowed to do without exception.

homosexuals CAN do everything that heterosexuals can do.. they can get married, they can have children etc etc etc.. it just takes a person of the opposite sex to do it with..

usmcrebel

Established Member
the seals had a saying once upon a time "let the **** join they'll wash up"

SVT4ME...seems your one of the ones having the moral dilemma here...i say it's up to our soldiers and marines...NOT US! let them decide they're the ones having to serve with them. I would not want a *** watching my back sorry just wouldn't. Also if they do want to join they should have to deal with the persecution from those who don't want them there.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
It's wrong when they did this to blacks, woman and now gays.

I don't recall gender or skin color being a CHOICE!! You can CHOOSE who you do or do not sleep with. Are you suggesting that people who CHOOSE the homosexual lifestyle have no control over their conduct? That is an even better reason for OPEN homosexuals to NOT be in the military because THAT is a lack of self-discipline!!

I don't know how they do it in the Air Force but.... if YOU all allow people to hang all over each other like some sort of a "60's free love revival" then I'd say your NCO's are miserably failing at their jobs. It's called discipline. I have relatives in the AF and what you say doesn't hold water..... if YOU allow your airmen to conduct themselves in such a manner then YOU are the problem.

I have no problem with homosexuals, bisexuals, swingers, atheists, Muslims, Christians etc.... as long as you come to work, DO YOUR JOB, leave ALL your BS @ home and everyone will be fine. I'm a Christian Married Heterosexual and MY Marriage and family are my business and responsibility and no one else's. I will not and do not tolerate "locker room" talk or bashing to take place in my Platoon. I have consistently had the most meritorious Marines percentage wise in the units I've been in. WHY you may ask? Because the only issue at hand is the MARINE issue. What are YOU bringing to the table as a MARINE- (NOT a hyphenated Marine) All the other crap falls to the wayside. You let the strong traits and leaders help their lessors become better (it's called leadership). That's why I've NEVER had an EO complaint, sexual harassment complaint, or assault complaint in ANY of the sections I've led. Focus on your MISSION and the rest will take care of itself. When you try to FORCE your hidden agenda or lifestyle on someone else there WILL be issues- ESPECIALLY in the military. If you can't see that than thanks for your 20 yrs of service and GOOD RIDDANCE.

Lesson over and your welcome AIRMAN!!!!

Last edited:

usmcrebel

Established Member
Your so harsh...anymore harsh and you might have just had your first sexual harassment complaint...

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Several questions that came up in our SNCO round table was how is the barracks situation going to play out. Right now (officially speaking) you aren't allowed to have sex in the barracks, and you can't (again officially speaking) live with your significant other in the barracks. But how do you regulate and enforce that? With different gender couples it's obvious- they can't even stay the nite in each others rooms. But how does that work with homosexuals unless they are very obvious about it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Geo-bachelors are allowed to have their wives visit 24 hours. I always allowed unrestricted access except the night before field day. I also remember a Gunny's wife staying in the barracks for a 72 once. I believe the primary decision is up to the BCO and then at the discretion of the SNCOIC.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Geo-bachelors are allowed to have their wives visit 24 hours. I always allowed unrestricted access except the night before field day. I also remember a Gunny's wife staying in the barracks for a 72 once. I believe the primary decision is up to the BCO and then at the discretion of the SNCOIC.

There are waivers to have wives live in the barracks. But the order still says "no sexual activity". Also, non-waivered overnight stays are non allowed...zero exceptions. At least according to order.

Now common sense would dictate that the DNCO uses their best judgement, so thats what usually happens.

SVT4ME

Established Member
homosexuals CAN do everything that heterosexuals can do.. they can get married, they can have children etc etc etc.. it just takes a person of the opposite sex to do it with..

That's where we differ in opinion. As long as we’re talking about two consenting adults if they want to marry then it’s none of our business. I guarantee the Supreme Court will be supporting this ruling in the next decade or so. An as a soldier you’ll have no choice but to follow your orders and treat everyone equally.

SVT4ME

Established Member
I don't recall gender or skin color being a CHOICE!! You can CHOOSE who you do or do not sleep with. Are you suggesting that people who CHOOSE the homosexual lifestyle have no control over their conduct? That is an even better reason for OPEN homosexuals to NOT be in the military because THAT is a lack of self-discipline!!

I don't know how they do it in the Air Force but.... if YOU all allow people to hang all over each other like some sort of a "60's free love revival" then I'd say your NCO's are miserably failing at their jobs. It's called discipline. I have relatives in the AF and what you say doesn't hold water..... if YOU allow your airmen to conduct themselves in such a manner then YOU are the problem.

I have no problem with homosexuals, bisexuals, swingers, atheists, Muslims, Christians etc.... as long as you come to work, DO YOUR JOB, leave ALL your BS @ home and everyone will be fine. I'm a Christian Married Heterosexual and MY Marriage and family are my business and responsibility and no one else's. I will not and do not tolerate "locker room" talk or bashing to take place in my Platoon. I have consistently had the most meritorious Marines percentage wise in the units I've been in. WHY you may ask? Because the only issue at hand is the MARINE issue. What are YOU bringing to the table as a MARINE- (NOT a hyphenated Marine) All the other crap falls to the wayside. You let the strong traits and leaders help their lessors become better (it's called leadership). That's why I've NEVER had an EO complaint, sexual harassment complaint, or assault complaint in ANY of the sections I've led. Focus on your MISSION and the rest will take care of itself. When you try to FORCE your hidden agenda or lifestyle on someone else there WILL be issues- ESPECIALLY in the military. If you can't see that than thanks for your 20 yrs of service and GOOD RIDDANCE.

Lesson over and your welcome AIRMAN!!!!

Am talking about coming home from a long deployment and watching everyone kiss and hug their loved ones in uniform after debarking the jet. I came home from several 10 month deployments and I don't remember anyone saying not to kiss my wife or stopping anyone else from doing the same, unless that person was of the same sex. So after your next deployment you step up and stop all the PDA until you get home or out of uniform!

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
the seals had a saying once upon a time "let the **** join they'll wash up"

But will they if DADT is repealed? I guess I'm looking at it differently, the way I see it, traditional merit-based promotion will be out the window for the homosexual in uniform, JAG will become their tool anytime they feel they were not promoted or washed out because of their perversion.

As a parent who did his time and served his country, I can't say that if DADT is repealed I will have a free conscious to approve and encourage my sons to serve in the military should they ask for my opinion and blessing.

Those are my 2 cents, I'm out...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread