don't buy the mgw

skippy32

Established Member
this way if i happen to line up next to one of you i can have an addvantage.

this thing is awsome.easy install.start to finish about 45min.shifts are right short and tight.no worries about 2-3 shift.if your on the fence about what shiffter to buy don't hesitate get the mgw.blows away the 5.0 i had on my lx.hats off to mgw for an outstanding product!

stangfreak

Established Member
i ripped off my steeda crapax and put on the mgw. it BLOWS it away. mgw all the way bro

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that mgw really does look like a superior product - that would be the one i'd go with

also just saw an ad for the b&m came out with a t-56 shifter looks good

nice attention-getting thread title btw!! heh

dezracer

I got the MGW shifter and agree it is the best.But I still have trouble on downshifts from like 6th to 3rd..5th to 3rd...or 6th to 4th.I have to hunt sometimes and when you want a quick downshift its frustrating. Anyone else experience this?

cmbanks0723

Established Member
i just relized

mgw is in my home town of augusta ga...ill have to go to get my shifter from the plant...see if i can get the free tshirt...lol

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Aaaarrrgh....My wife is going to kill me...thanks guys, that's the final straw. Time to heat up the credit card and make the purchase. Another MGW shifter "SOLD!"

I like the MGW shifter I mean it is shorter no doubt but I have a few problems like I have to shift very hard... I can't shift "light" like how I used to with the stock shifter. So every shift now I SLAM it into 2nd and 3rd. Sometimes when I push it up into 3rd gear I kinda "miss" 3rd and it doesn't go in all the way, that's why now I am trying to grip the shift knob and pound every gear to be sure I get it in.

whtsnake03

Established Member
Had my Cobra in for some warranty work this morning. When the Service Advisor brought my car out, he said he loved my short throw shifter and asked me what kind of shifter I had. I proudly informed him it was an MGW.

Yes I checked, he didn't go joy riding. Car only had one tenth of a mile more than when I dropped it off. I did warn him (rather sternly) that I would be extremely pissed if I found anyone joy riding in my car and if it had more than a tenth of a mile on it.

whtsnake03

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
Well don't they have to do road tests? My dealer did, should I be worried?
I had mine in because the passenger window was clipping the convertible top. No reason to drive it to fix a window problem.

Some repairs may require a test drive, but I have heard too many problems where the dealer repair techs get carried away and go joy riding.

BenD

Established Member
I've had that dam problem forever!

dezzracer said:
I got the MGW shifter and agree it is the best.But I still have trouble on downshifts from like 6th to 3rd..5th to 3rd...or 6th to 4th.I have to hunt sometimes and when you want a quick downshift its frustrating. Anyone else experience this?

I have the 5.0 for about a year and a half now and at first it went into 3rd beautifully, but after about 6 months it didn't. I had to hunt, although it did seem to spring back into position, but I was missing 3rd. I even had the transmission gone through, but nothing blaring, a few minor parts replaced. None of them would cause this problem. It remains a mystery today and I just live with it.

Romans8:28

Established Member
cpu77 said:
Which handle you guys using red or blue?

I am using the blue and love it, I am average height 5' - 11" but I keep my seat in a forward position so by default (thanks to my preferrred seat position) I can reach the shifter.

For most people below 6'2" or without really long arms the blue is to short where most people put the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread