Don't laugh...A win is still a win!

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
well ok...Yes I drive a 4 banger but atleast its an SVT 4banger(SVTF obviously, which is bone stock). Well anyway was heading out of school on a two lane road. Approached a stop sign while in the LEFT lane and as I pull up I see a white SRT4 in the RIGHT lane. From this street both lanes can turn either left or right. I was planning on turning left and so was the SRT4. (bare in mind this all happend very quickly). The SRT was already stopped by the stop sign and was waiting for another car to go by. As I was pulling up to the stop that car had just passed so the SRT began to roll.(the guy in the SRT hadn't seen me yet) I slowed down for the stop sign but did not stop completely. The SRT had gone first and was turning left (remember he was in the RIGHT lane so this would make his the outside lane). I turned left while in my LEFT lane and as soon as I was past that stop sign I Gunned it. Exited that turn quite fast and by now the SRT was aware I was there and wanted to GO. I think I was still in 1st when he decided to slam his Gas pedal. BUt by then I was about 1 car length ahead of him and moving faster than he was (obviously). I didn't let up because I needed to move from my lane the LEFT lane to his lane to turn RIGHT in about 400 Feet. By about the 350th foot mark I was still a car length ahead of him and moved over into his lane in front of him. I slowed down to turn right and he went into the LEFT lane and flashed me a meanass dirty look!!! LOL I know there would have been no way I would have beat that car if we were both starting at the same speed but I still I was Impressed at what my little 2.0L had done! BTW I just got my SVTF 3 weeks ago. Not sure if this really qualifies as BEAT but at least the SRT wasn't able to pass me! :coolman:

Go straight to the end of the thread guys you won't wanna miss the hissy FIT!!! :cryying: :cryying: :cryying:

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Nah, not really a kill nor a Ricer flyby either. Ya held him off though and don't let anybody tell ya it was lag because lag is almost non-existant on stock SRT4's.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i think the mean ass look was because it would have been the right thing to do to let off and let him go before cutting him off and making a turn in front of him.. ;) but hey, good for ya man. the srt4's are fast.. now throw a s/c on that svtf and be done with it.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
bmfgsxr said:
i think the mean ass look was because it would have been the right thing to do to let off and let him go before cutting him off and making a turn in front of him.. ;) but hey, good for ya man. the srt4's are fast.. now throw a s/c on that svtf and be done with it.

+1 Gotta give repect to get respect.

BTW, hell yea, S/C it. My SVTF was putting down 299whp at 16psi with my Vortech S/C. I ran a best of 12.36 at 111mph. I'm down to 12psi now, no numbers yet, low on funds because of this damn Farm Truck I drive too. lol

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Turbos work well on SVTF's too. A Bud of mine in the NW section had one pushing over 340 to the ground. Hooking up? Now that was a whole 'nother story.

JohnMGD

Established Member
I wouldnt call that a win. It sounds like he didnt know you were racing and by the time he pressed the pedal you were already moving in front of him. He got in the left lane and flashed you a dirty look because you cut him off, not because you "beat" him. Way to "kill" and SRT-4 :rolleyes:

atlvalet

Established Member
I totally beat this guy up the other day. I walked up behind him and beat him in the skull. He got pwned!!!

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
LOL cutoff?? Maybe, but not in my book. We were both gunning it and I needed to move over. It was such a short distance that this all happend so I wasn't going to stop and let him go by and then move over. I was going to fast to even think of doing that. You may say I am just saying this just to make myself feel good ( and you might be atleast half right) But I think he shot me the look because he was pissed he hadn;t seen me in time to really go at it!

1fastsrt-4

Established Member
either the srt-4 had some traction problems or be he was just driving half throttle and he saw ur aggressive move let off before you could of caused an accident Lucky he didn't block u in but I am sure he didn't want to hurt his 18k car and white a rare color.

I am not sticking up for srt-4's even though I am a previous owner but even the worst driver in the world in a stock srt-4 is going to take down a SVT-F with bolt ons. My friend has an SVTF with headers and exhaust and DR's and ran low 15's. I seen stock srt-4's with horrible crappy drivers run 14.6-14.9's

Last edited:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
1fastsrt-4 said:
My friend has an SVTF with headers and exhaust and DR's and ran low 15's. I seen stock srt-4's with horrible crappy drivers run 14.6-14.9's

They come stock with pretty good headers already....are you sure he put on new ones? If not it, it wasn't worth mentioning...

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Hey nice kill. :thumbsup:

Next time you come up on a Viper, do the same thing, and you can post about another kill! :whine:

rtdakota

Established Member
SVTFsOnIcBlUe said:
LOL cutoff?? Maybe, but not in my book. We were both gunning it and I needed to move over. It was such a short distance that this all happend so I wasn't going to stop and let him go by and then move over. I was going to fast to even think of doing that. You may say I am just saying this just to make myself feel good ( and you might be atleast half right) But I think he shot me the look because he was pissed he hadn;t seen me in time to really go at it!
I am sure if someone did this to you, you would pull out the ricer card... It was a douche bag move. Don't try to justify you being an idiot and cutting someone off by saying that you were going too fast to stop. I am sure you were FLYING..... :kaboom: :dw:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
rtdakota said:
I am sure if someone did this to you, you would pull out the ricer card... It was a douche bag move. Don't try to justify you being an idiot and cutting someone off by saying that you were going too fast to stop. I am sure you were FLYING..... :kaboom: :dw:

....ok. Seeing as how you know me so well....Ya I would pull the Ricer? Card? out? if someone did the same thing to me? No I dont think so. LOL I can admit my car is pretty close to rice status already. Does it sound like a wet fart or a weed wacker when I go bye NO! But it is a 4banger. I would however, be annoyed yeah of course. Annoyed that I hadn't been able to catch up to the other individual before he/she was able to move over. And I know what you're thinking. I just gunned it and then moved over right away NO! It was a good 400 feet before I moved over. See what you would do if you had to move over to turn right and you were going 50. WOuld you stop (I dont think so). :pop:

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
Purvis said:
Hey nice kill. :thumbsup:

Next time you come up on a Viper, do the same thing, and you can post about another kill! :whine:

Sure thing Pops. I'll keep ya posted. :pepper: LOL and I wasn't claiming it was a "kill."

doodad

Banned
bone stock srt-4s l guess they run low 14s.. how come u beat a srt-4? l am not saying bullshit at all, dont get me wrong.. l think they are much faster than svt focuss.. correct me if l am wrong..

as everyone knows.. everything happens on the streets.. nice kill

Erdal

Users who are viewing this thread