Don't Post Svtf Kills On Road Kill Forum

Primaris

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
You're quite the character. You complain because you get no respect from Cobra owners because you have a 4 cylinder. Then you proceed to make yourself feel better by telling them they have a '78 fairmont in a sad attempt to make the Focus seem like a better performance car. No wonder they make fun of you. It's not the car, it's your attitude. If you don't give respect, you don't get respect.

No. That was me calling them '78 Fairmonts. I get plenty of respect from Mustang owners, but when opportunity presents itself I do rub some salt into the open wounds. :pepper:

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
You're quite the character. You complain because you get no respect from Cobra owners because you have a 4 cylinder. Then you proceed to make yourself feel better by telling them they have a '78 fairmont in a sad attempt to make the Focus seem like a better performance car. No wonder they make fun of you. It's not the car, it's your attitude. If you don't give respect, you don't get respect.
So how many times do you brag when you beat an srt-4 with your cobra? Bet you feel real special when your 8 banger outruns a 4 cylinder eh? :loser:

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Yikes, this thread took a little turn. I whupped a V-6 auto camaro with my V-6 accord yesterday. That was fun, and he hated every second of it. E-

CY98Cobra

Established Member
JAYMONEY said:
What the f### are you talking about? I never said anything about Cobra owners having '78 Fairmonts. You made the comment "But I do love my '78 Fairmont", and I replied, in a joking way, "Take care of that '78 Fairmont, it's a classic.LOL!!". That's right, lol!! I was joking. Now, where in this thread did I call ANY Cobra a Fairmont? You just proved my point about the a--hole Cobra owners.

Your right, you weren't the first to talk about the Fairmont, my bad. I thought you were the one to bring it up and were being serious.

If I was an a-hole owner I would be telling you how slow a focus is and that it couldn't beat anything, which I'm not. I would also tell you you would never beat a terminator on a twisty road.

But regardless, why do you care what Cobra owners think? Did you buy your car to impress people or because you like it? I certainly don't care what other people think about my car or how fast it is. Don't take the internet to seriously. :thumbsup:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
nemitz said:
So how many times do you brag when you beat an srt-4 with your cobra? Bet you feel real special when your 8 banger outruns a 4 cylinder eh? :loser:

For one I don't race. But, if a 4 cylinder owner pulls up next to me and thinks he's hot shit and I whoop his ass, then yes I'm going to talk about it. It's not about the car, it's about the driver. It wouldn't be any different if you owned the v8 and had to put up with ignorant 4 cylinder owners with inflated heads.

This is not intended as a flame to 4 cylinders or their owners. Only to the ignorant ones who don't know anything about cars or performance.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
JAYMONEY said:
The reason I say this is because I posted a kill with my SVTF and people call BS. Go to the "OLD MAN THINKS HIS CADDY IS FAST" thread and you'll know what I'm talking about. I guess the only people who think they're worthy of that forum are the guys with hi-po V8's, turbo cars, and s/c'ed cars. Naturally aspirated 4 cylinders need not bother. :fm:

calm down homie, It's just an internet forum. As we all know most of the stories in road kill are strictly fantasy. It's all fun and games :pepper:

I still think the old guy in the caddy let off :poke:

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
So I'm at a stoplight and this smart car pulls up next to me and starts reving his engine like he wants to go. I figure why not, the light turns green and I walk all over him!

Just kidding about that, thats how the mustang owners talk when they race a four banger. Thats how stupid it sounds when these guys say they beat an acura or something! 'tards

2814v

Established Member
Some can be pretty hard on the SVTF over in road kill. I found that out back when I had mine. But most are cool and have fun with it. Could never understand why some seem to get so much pleasure in dogging somebody else's ride. The Offspring wrote a song about that, Self Esteem, or lack of it. I really liked my SVTF it was a solid fun great handling car, just was not fast enough on the straights to keep it as a play car. It is one car that will never get the respect it deserves.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
nemitz said:
So I'm at a stoplight and this smart car pulls up next to me and starts reving his engine like he wants to go. I figure why not, the light turns green and I walk all over him!

Just kidding about that, thats how the mustang owners talk when they race a four banger. Thats how stupid it sounds when these guys say they beat an acura or something! 'tards

Why does that upset you so much? The SRT-4, Evo and Sti are all 4 cylinders that put up a very good fight against most v8's. To beat these cars is no different than beating a Camaro or Trans Am (though the Camaro and Trans Am will always get more respect from most Mustang owners because it is a v8).

And if the "acura or something" comes along thinking they can beat a v8 (especially an 03/4 Cobra) Mustang they are the stupid ones. That's why people post the kill stories, it's funny that a civic with a fart can and ugly body kit thinks he can beat cars pushing 2 or 3 times the power they are. It's the ignorance that's amusing, not the fact that they got beat.

Primaris

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
...If I was an a-hole owner I would be telling you how slow a focus is and that it couldn't beat anything, which I'm not. I would also tell you you would never beat a terminator on a twisty road...

Since your not an a-hole owner telling me how slow my SVTF is. You may want to check the link in my sig and watch some of the videos. Click some ads while you're at it!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
And why would I check the link in your sig? Because it shows you beating a terminator on a twisty road? Hardly worth my time, I'm far from caring. But I can say a 200+ rwhp advantage is hard to overcome.

Out of curiosity, where in KY are you?

2814v

Established Member
Having owned both I can tell you that the assumption that 03/04 cobra's can't corner with a SVTF, is way over blown. The slight edge the SVTF may have will be over come rappedly once the road straightens out.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
mc01svt said:
calm down homie, It's just an internet forum. As we all know most of the stories in road kill are strictly fantasy. It's all fun and games :pepper:
OK. I'll go edit my comment I made to you over on the Road Kill forum. :beer:

Last edited:

JAYMONEY

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Your right, you weren't the first to talk about the Fairmont, my bad. I thought you were the one to bring it up and were being serious.

If I was an a-hole owner I would be telling you how slow a focus is and that it couldn't beat anything, which I'm not. I would also tell you you would never beat a terminator on a twisty road.

But regardless, why do you care what Cobra owners think? Did you buy your car to impress people or because you like it? I certainly don't care what other people think about my car or how fast it is. Don't take the internet to seriously. :thumbsup:
Apology accepted. :-D
:beer:

JAYMONEY

Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
Why does that upset you so much? The SRT-4, Evo and Sti are all 4 cylinders that put up a very good fight against most v8's. /QUOTE]
Those cars are also turbocharged. Take the turbos off those cars and they are slower than the SVTF. I just wish Ford would've turbo'ed the SVTF. Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to do it myself. :(

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I agree with you. I wish Ford had stuck with the Contour and Focus and really put some effort into them. Don't get me wrong, they're great cars the way they are but I think both were intended for FI and it never materialized. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a turbo Focus soon. I would love for Ford to release a Focus like the european version.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
2814v said:
Having owned both I can tell you that the assumption that 03/04 cobra's can't corner with a SVTF, is way over blown. The slight edge the SVTF may have will be over come rappedly once the road straightens out.

I dunno, the Cobra can handle...but its a heavy beast. Oh, and a lot of people on this board don't take to kindly to 4 cylinders of any kind. I just got used to it and ignore it for the most part now.

WRSVT

Established Member
Yep, best advice is to ignore it. Alot of people find it hard to respect a 170hp FWD 4cyl when they are sitting behind the wheel of a 400hp RWD beast like the Terminator. Just as was said ealier in this thread, the SVTF will never get the respect it deserves. Its a fun car, I love mine, and I came straight from those Terminator ranks you are talking about. Although I have always respected the SVTF. Its good for what its built for, the twisties. I sure do miss my Terminator in the straightaways though, and I will always miss that blower whine.:(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread