door locks a no go

Grimlock

Established Member
Are the door locks supposed to engage when the vehicle starts moving after start up? I was just wondering, since this was the case in my Lightning. If they are suppose to, how could you get the locks to do this without having to take the car back to the dealer?:??:

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Doesn't work that way on Stick Shift Mustangs.

If you want that you can add an alarm that has that functionality.

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
With alarms for the most part it's about the installation. By me I can get a Viper for I don't know maybe $250 from one dealer with a decent installation. I can get a Clifford that is virtually identical with a superior installation from a different dealer but it's going to cost me $200 more and it's going to take a lot more time to wire.

If you just want convenience consider the cheap install if you want something with maximum reliability and theft deterence you are not going to get that from a place that charges <$100 for the installation.

Many will argue alarms don't do anything and I agree that many alarm installs are so easily defeated it's a joke. It's standard practice to put a button under the dash that if held down while starting the car defeats the alarm.

THe more I mod my car the more concerned about theft I am and that's why I went with the expensive shop. I have seen them work on my car and feel comfortable about them working on my baby and comfortable that they are offering maximum protection.

On my wife's car I just want convenience like the absent door locking, chirping and blinking LED features, so I will go with the chepear Viper with the quick decent install for around $250.

If you want remote start I know Clifford makes a model that works safely with stick shifts.

Wherever you do go make sure you arm your car and wait 30-40 minutes before leaving. I forgot why but they need to do something special or the alarm will go off in 30 minutes when the computer shuts down or something like that.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by NJCOBRA10thA
With alarms for the most part it's about the installation. By me I can get a Viper for I don't know maybe $250 from one dealer with a decent installation. I can get a Clifford that is virtually identical with a superior installation from a different dealer but it's going to cost me $200 more and it's going to take a lot more time to wire.

If you just want convenience consider the cheap install if you want something with maximum reliability and theft deterence you are not going to get that from a place that charges <$100 for the installation.

Many will argue alarms don't do anything and I agree that many alarm installs are so easily defeated it's a joke. It's standard practice to put a button under the dash that if held down while starting the car defeats the alarm.

THe more I mod my car the more concerned about theft I am and that's why I went with the expensive shop. I have seen them work on my car and feel comfortable about them working on my baby and comfortable that they are offering maximum protection.

On my wife's car I just want convenience like the absent door locking, chirping and blinking LED features, so I will go with the chepear Viper with the quick decent install for around $250.

If you want remote start I know Clifford makes a model that works safely with stick shifts.

Wherever you do go make sure you arm your car and wait 30-40 minutes before leaving. I forgot why but they need to do something special or the alarm will go off in 30 minutes when the computer shuts down or something like that.

I plan on going with the viper alarm also. But watch for the new remotes their going to use with them come spring. that is so cheap 250 installed. I'm looking at $400 installed for mine that's alarm and install. I even got someone that offered 600 hundred installed. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread