door speaker help.

bubbaflaat

Established Member
So i blew out my right side door mid range speaker. Thought i could just go buy some pioneer 6x8 speakers slap them in and call it a day.... but of course its not that easy.... they sound like crap and cut in and out. I did some research and the stock ones are run at a different ohm rating. So my question is what do i have to do to use these speakers I bought? Is it even possible? Or do I have to go get a ford replacement speaker? I'm not looking to spend crap tons of money revamping and replacing the whole system just don't want blown door speakers!

LSwat

Established Member
I actually have it right now and will be monitoring this thread, My right door speaker is blown out as well, however I wouldn't mind upgrading em. They blew once with stock they can blow again right? :shrug:

Hoping for someone to pull through :D

bluestang41505

Established Member
you guys have the mach 460? the door speakers are compenents, 6x8 shouldn't even fit. it should be a circle and a matching tweeter where the corner of the door and window meet.
If you upgrade to alpine or whatev they will not blow with everything else stock... as long as everything is wired correctly that is. I've gone threw 3 systems and had to get all new stuff from bad wiring, bad speakers, etc. now its perfect. pics in the garage.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Shitty deal Gavin. Just do all new speakers and bypass the factory amps and run them off an aftermarket 4-channel. From what I've gathered you'd be able to do some 6.5" components in the front, with 6x8's in the rear. When I redo my stereo I may try to fit in some 6x9's in the rear, if it is possible at all.

-Eric

bubbaflaat

Established Member
OH shit its ****in Eric!! LOL on svtperformance!? I so frickin happy! No i know i can redo the whole system but i have other things that are higher priority like a kenne bell. So i just want the sound system to sound like factory for now.. i'm gonna try putting some resistors in line with the negitive side of the pioneer speakers to emulate the factory speaker's impedance for now, i'll let yall know how that goes!

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Sounds pretty technical, lol. When you come back up to visit you'll have to help me w/ some goodies on my car.

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread