Doorpanel help...??

Grombil.com

Established Member
Im about to install the new stereo in my car and need help with taking the dorpanels off... How do i go about this the best way without braking anything? I found one screw under the panel that goes up along the window frame... But thats it... Is the rest mounted on clips?

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
should be one behind the door handle also...got to pop that cover off to get to it..

and then anohter under the window and door switch...pop that off to get to that one to

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
Total of 2 screws, one behind the door handle cover and the other behind the plastic next to the window, then pull up on the door lock/window button plastic piece and and wedge it through the hole, then just lift up and off :thumbsup:

I have had my doors off probably 20+ times installing new speakers or just needing to clean them

TXRickC

Established Member
BC Lightning said:
Total of 2 screws, one behind the door handle cover and the other behind the plastic next to the window, then pull up on the door lock/window button plastic piece and and wedge it through the hole, then just lift up and off :thumbsup:

I have had my doors off probably 20+ times installing new speakers or just needing to clean them

This is correct, although I'd unplug the window/lock/mirror harnesses to avoid scratching that panel if putting it through that hole. 1999-2002 you will have a harness going to the light/reflector to unplug too. 2003-2004 just has a reflector, no light.

Grombil.com

Established Member
AustinSVT said:
This is correct, although I'd unplug the window/lock/mirror harnesses to avoid scratching that panel if putting it through that hole. 1999-2002 you will have a harness going to the light/reflector to unplug too. 2003-2004 just has a reflector, no light.

Why is that there isent any light in there? I just opened it and nothings inside but the reflektor?

Thanks.. Ill take it off tomorrow:burnout:

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
I did this a few months ago to see what was wrong with my passenger side power lock, I just kinda guessed and went from there. It's fairly straight foward and easy. I guess both driver and passenger sides are the same as far as removal and installation except for an extra control in the harness for the mirrors on the drivers.

I also pulled off the wiring harness.

Users who are viewing this thread