double "r" hood

lilnatedogg21

Established Member
I am looking at buying a double "r" hood. It is a cobra r hood, but taller, i think it is like 3 inches tall. Does cervini have this hood, if not, where can I find it? If anybody has one, does it fit good, and how much was it?

cobra331

Established Member
NO!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT buy anything from Cincinatti composites!!! I bought a 93 cobra rear bumber from them and it didn't even come close to fitting. The body shop I took it to said it would need extensive modifications to make it fit right!!! I wouldn't buy from them if I were you!!! There's plenty of other hoods in MM+FF!!!

cammin 4.6

Established Member
I just got the Cervini's R hood on mine. Man is that Mystic paint expensive. The hood is very nice but not as tall as others. Cervini's advertises it as 3 1/2 inches taller than stock. I dont know if that is completely true. It is definitely bigger than the stock Ford Cobra R hood but is not near as big as others that I have seen advertised as RR. The RR hood is usually advertised as 4 inches tall.

But overall it fit nearly perfect and looks great ( looks like it should have come on the car originally )

Mario92

Former Parts Pimp
Established Member
Originally posted by lilnatedogg21
I am looking at buying a double "r" hood. It is a cobra r hood, but taller, i think it is like 3 inches tall. Does cervini have this hood, if not, where can I find it? If anybody has one, does it fit good, and how much was it?

Do you mean like this hood?

mailedd44.jpg

If so Give H.O. Fibertrends a Call. :thumbsup:

MacMan

Established Member
Steeda sells a fantastic "RR" hood. I have it on mine... good stuff. High quality and little prep work to do. I also have the Cervini stalker side-scoops and rear spoiler, both of which required more prep work than the Steeda hood.

sd.jpg

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
I agree give Dave at HO Fiber Trends a call he has some of the best hoods/Fiberglass work money can buy! I have a carbon fiber 5" cowl hood for my Saleen that i ordered out of Canada. I will get you the info if you like.

chirostang

Established Member
Doule R Hood

Hey I noticed you were from Acworth. I live in Kennesaw and work at the Autozone on Cobb pkwy. in Kennesaw. I have a double R hood I bought from Parkway Ford, it is made by the same company that makes the Steeda hoods. If you want come up and check it out. I work Monday night, Tues. and Thurs. during day. I have a forest green car my buddy has a burgundy cobra both with double R hoods. One of my other coworkers has the baby R hood which you will see is much smaller. Please what ever you do, do not buy "Cincinatti Craposites hood". Please e mail me with questions at [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread