Doug on Fox news

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Holy crapola, I just read the story on line LOL. Had TV on, I heard in the background but did not see it. I wanted to read about it.

"We're not going to pull out our gun and brandish it. We're not going to be drinking and shooting the place up. These are ridiculous statements made by childish people," said Douglas Holloway with Michigan Open Carry. I can visualize Doug saying this.

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Doug...can you shed some light on what the open carry law really means? Why is this just coming to light?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
OC wasn't actually the issue, although it garnered the majority of media attention.

The contract between the promoters and Royal Oak contained a clause that banned all firearms, concealed or otherwise for the duration of the festival, which is held on public streets.

That would be against state law, which prohibits all branches of local government from enacting ANY firearm ordinances.
That is soley the state's responsibility.

RO city attorney advised them they had no legal ground to stand on, yet they still felt the need to vote on a resolution regarding the removal of the firearm clause. :dw:

Video of Doug addressing city council was aired on channels 2, 4 and 7.... :beer:

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
The vote was in favor 4/3 I believe...now you can shoot the place up.

dougwg

Established Member
Doug...can you shed some light on what the open carry law really means? Why is this just coming to light?
There really is no open carry law per se.

This unlawful clause was brought to the attention of Jon Witz, the AB&E promoter, a year ago and we were told to go pound sand. He and the city of RO were notified several times and they still told us to pound sand.

That's when we started to attend the city commission meetings and speak during public comment time. Then the media got involved and turned it into a complete circus.

If they would have listened to yes in the first place all of this would have went away quietly.

As JB stated this is NOT about OC but rather ANY possession of firearms at all by anyone within the footprint of the festival.

This means if you live in the foot print you can be guilty of criminal trespass. Also business owners that carry etc etc...

Never can you make Public Property into Private Property. Therefore their claim of private property rules is moot.

Michigan Open Carry Inc. are ACTIVE in Michigan in getting local municipalities to follow the law. Sometime, like in this case, we have to drag them kicking and screaming, but we will make them comply with the law.

There's a metric ass ton of more stuff about this too but thats the tip of the iceberg.

Users who are viewing this thread