Down with the Sickness

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
Woke up this morning and took her out about 5am. Said to my self, lets see what this is really about. Cant really go there yet with 100 miles on it but lets see when its not 100degress and cars all around. All I can say is that I must have gotten bitten cause I have this cheesy a$$ grin from ear to ear. This car feels awesome. I cant believe the smooth quick quiet power that comes from it. I cant even imagine when shes broken in and tweaked abit. I was a bit concerned about the new feel with no IRS last night but that feeling is going to fade really fast. I was alittle on the fence about pulling the trigger to get her but I feel like it was the right choice even more than ever now. Even with a small adm the 0% financing that was just extened thru oct 1st offsets it a bit and makes it the furthest thing from my mind. Im so glad I dont have to read that post anymore. If you wanna think of a little upcharge as wasted money then its the "best money" Ive ever wasted. No regrets.
So if your thinking of it or waiting for arrival I dont think that itll dissapoint. Expect that cheesy grin like the one that I have right now.

07 white coupe blue stripes
You know what it is but Ill get the pic up soon
Rob

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
After 550 miles I finally got on mine pretty hard.

I want to sell my 03 and buy another :pepper: , I love these cars.

chuckstang

Established Member
I love mine but it really does not feel like 500hp IMO Nor does it feel like the suspension is SVT tuned. But the thing is, it is just so comfortable drive and so enjoyable, just a fun awsome machine.
Also the size and weight make it seem like you are not going so fast, but once you look at the speedo, you say oh shit Im going 85 in a 45!

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I love mine but it really does not feel like 500hp IMO Nor does it feel like the suspension is SVT tuned. But the thing is, it is just so comfortable drive and so enjoyable, just a fun awsome machine.
Also the size and weight make it seem like you are not going so fast, but once you look at the speedo, you say oh shit Im going 85 in a 45!
You've allready put a bunch of miles on your car or are you just beating on her already?

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
2-slow said:
You've allready put a bunch of miles on your car or are you just beating on her already?
arent you supposed to beat on them from the first moment they arrive?;-)

chuckstang

Established Member
Engine comes broken in, drive train is not.

I have about 150 miles on mine now with wot in all gears but from a roll, no aggressive launches or hard downshifts. Once the car is rolling, you can basically "beat" on her as some say it will not harm the drivetrain. Oh and no powershifts yet.

I plan on really seeing what this thing has stock after 500 miles and hope to take it to the track before winter and score some high 12s :)

poopeater

Established Member
ROFL...how can you guys not get on it? I had owned the car for literally about 30 seconds before I had to spin it in 1st gear to redline. I did WOT runs in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear all the way to redline within the first 25 miles.

Even now, I try to break her in 'easy', but I go WOT through the first two gears at least once each time I get behind the wheel. How can you not?!?!

Dave07997S

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Engine comes broken in, drive train is not.

I have about 150 miles on mine now with wot in all gears but from a roll, no aggressive launches or hard downshifts. Once the car is rolling, you can basically "beat" on her as some say it will not harm the drivetrain. Oh and no powershifts yet.

I plan on really seeing what this thing has stock after 500 miles and hope to take it to the track before winter and score some high 12s :)

Did you post some pics yet..love to see it with the stripe delete.

Dave

MADGREEK

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
After 550 miles I finally got on mine pretty hard.

I want to sell my 03 and buy another :pepper: , I love these cars.

why sell the 03, I have both and think the 03 is better in most ways then the 07 .I have both and love to drive the 03 then my big boat(07). Keep the 03. I kept my 03 and glad I did not sell it.:beer: :nono:

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
MADGREEK said:
why sell the 03, I have both and think the 03 is better in most ways then the 07 .I have both and love to drive the 03 then my big boat(07). Keep the 03. I kept my 03 and glad I did not sell it.:beer: :nono:

+.9

Users who are viewing this thread