Drag City, Banning CA

Vettezuki

NCRS's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
As some of you may know, there's been a plan to build a new Drag Facility in Banning CA. It's currently under threat of revocation by the city. In an era where street racing is a real problem on crowded streets, and some tracks are getting closed down, a nice properly built and run facility would be a great addition in Souther California.

To read more about Drag City, and if you're so inclined to support their cause, sign the petition of support.

Peace out.

Quik Z06

Established Member
We went through alot of that here but the plan finally got approved on our local track. Groundbreaking is supposed to take place mid 08. Here is link to what is going to be built. http://www.rmpracing.com/map_popup.htm#

It will be nice to have track 15 mins from home :)

Vettezuki

NCRS's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
We went through alot of that here but the plan finally got approved on our local track. Groundbreaking is supposed to take place mid 08. Here is link to what is going to be built. http://www.rmpracing.com/map_popup.htm#

It will be nice to have track 15 mins from home :)

That looks like it's going to be an awesome facility.:beer: The closest we have is California Speedway, but the 1/4 strip is badly prepped and only runs street legal a hand full of times a year. Irwindale is relatively close, nicely prepped, and runs weekly, but it's "only" an 1/8th mile.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yeah we went to Fontana last year for the Fun Ford Weekend, it was ok but not great. This facility they are building up here is supposed to rival Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It's going to be huge, it sit's on 1200 acres. I cant wait for it to get done.

JERK!

Banned
I signed the petition for this. I would love to see the track be built but the guys behind it are morons. I know for a fact that donation money they got for this project was spent on personal items once the city started to pull the plug. :nono:

Vettezuki

NCRS's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
. . . that donation money they got for this project was spent on personal items once the city started to pull the plug. :nono:

If true, they should get their balls fried for it, it's probably even criminal (since they wouldn't be paying taxes on contributions to a non-profit.) Nevertheless, hopefully the project will come back on line and they'll see it through; however, haphazardly. :)

Users who are viewing this thread