Drag racers come in here!! (u2broke7)

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Launching on ET STREETS.... I bought a set of

Diamond racing ET streets 28X11.5X16's

Let me tell you imsoo excited.. FINALLY TRACTION AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ... i cant wait

how do you launch on stock irs... 5k slip im thinking

Thanks guys...

Broke7 chime in mr. Dragracer... best damn driver i have seen on the net by far..

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I more or less dump the clutch at 4500. It's not a true dump, but I let it out as quick as I can without side-stepping it and mash the throttle at the same time.

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
sambandit said:
I more or less dump the clutch at 4500. It's not a true dump, but I let it out as quick as I can without side-stepping it and mash the throttle at the same time.

I basically slip the clutch quickly at about 4-5K rpm. Been down the track like that about 20-30 times. Best 60 ft time so far about a 1.7 or 1.8

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
sambandit said:

REALLY..... thanks man... that sound good... what size tires u runin?

i really wanted 26inch but got 28's cause that was deal I got!!

watever....

Marc

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Sho Off said:
I basically slip the clutch quickly at about 4-5K rpm. Been down the track like that about 20-30 times. Best 60 ft time so far about a 1.7 or 1.8

What kind of tire!!?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I've got 26x11.50x16 but actually that's not enough tire. With the crappy track prep I got, it felt like I was spinning through the 1/8th. I think a 28 inch tire is actually a better tire although it will mess with your gearing a litte.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
sambandit said:
I've got 26x11.50x16 but actually that's not enough tire. With the crappy track prep I got, it felt like I was spinning through the 1/8th. I think a 28 inch tire is actually a better tire although it will mess with your gearing a litte.

Exactly it will take away some ET i think it makes my 390s go down to 364's or so.. so therefore im not really utilizing my gears with im not to happy with but hey.. at least i will get traction

Marc

Sho Off

Member of the 600 Club
Established Member
combatstang said:
Exactly it will take away some ET i think it makes my 390s go down to 364's or so.. so therefore im not really utilizing my gears with im not to happy with but hey.. at least i will get traction

Marc

Same tires...

26x11.50x16

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Sho Off said:
Same tires...

26x11.50x16

im gonna have 28inch.. :rollseyes

not really happy with that but watever.. i will make the best of them

Marc

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
combatstang said:

Marc

Have you gotten any passes yet with the 390's? They should be a good gear with the 28" tires. Ideally you should be turning ~6400 rpm in 4th. at the finish line. Your mods should put you in mid to low 11's with good driving , traction, and good air. Let us know. :beer:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Have you gotten any passes yet with the 390's? They should be a good gear with the 28" tires. Ideally you should be turning ~6400 rpm in 4th. at the finish line. Your mods should put you in mid to low 11's with good driving , traction, and good air. Let us know. :beer:

I wont see low lls at the track i go to 2700elevation... no prep... the only good track in california is irwindale raceway 1/8mile(yuck)

and Sacramento raceway, but it is 8hrs away

Marc

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
combatstang said:
I wont see low lls at the track i go to 2700elevation... no prep... the only good track in california is irwindale raceway 1/8mile

Marc

Yo--------Don't leave out Pomona!!! There should be some good air this time of the year out Cali. Let it rippppppppp. :burnout:

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Yo--------Don't leave out Pomona!!! There should be some good air this time of the year out Cali. Let it rippppppppp. :burnout:

Pomona is closed for street cars, i belive!!!

but that is a good track(very good)

Marc

thnktwce

YES!! I am!!
Established Member
The ONLY way to launch with a et street is about 2-300 rpm shy of your rev limiter and dump it and hold on. My car did a 1.63 with minor bolt ons with that type of launch. I also have to run 20-22lbs of air in my tires, any less than 20 and the car bogged.

Users who are viewing this thread