Drag Racing + IRS

yellowgt02

Established Member
I figured this would get a bit more attention in this area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the winter, I plan on upgrading a few of the suspension parts for the car. I already have a BF Diff Brace and 26x10.5x16 ET Streets for the track.

Im looking at some Strange 10 way struts/Coilovers Up front with the Stock K. The rear im going to get a set of QA1 12 ways. I currently have H&R Race springs, which dont help out the weight transfer at all.

What type of springs should I run up front? The car is probably a 50/50 track and street car, so they need to be streetable. What about the rear springs? Should I ditch the Race springs for something softer? Would cut stockers in the rear give a bit better launch? I want the car to still be lowered but have decent launch characteristics.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I managed to cut a 1.600 60' with H&R Race Springs on ET Streets. Thats my best so far.

Thanks
Jason

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
rw95gt cut a 1.5 the other night with stock cut springs and factory shocks/struts on 26" et streets! it can be easily down with enough hookage and a high enough drop!

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
what have you done to the IRS? Just the brace?

I was really on the verge of thinking of a straight axle, but I would be satisfied with a 1.6..

I plan on running on 16" ET streets too.. I have a set of 26x11.5 16s.. hopefully it will turn out good! What are you launching at?

Last edited:

yellowgt02

Established Member
Yeah, Just the brace.

There is no way Id change to a solid axle. I can get this car to hook pretty decently for an IRS car, but im looking to get into some 1.5x 60's.

I guess Im just looking for what springs to run. I may end up just cutting down the stockers a bit.

What should I run on the front? 14" 225lb spring?

Users who are viewing this thread