Drag racing log

key

Established Member
I've been kicking around/messing with this idea for the last month or so. Basically it's a site that lets you log all of your runs and then analyze them to determine how you are performing. It's simple for now but if reception is good I will continue development on it and add features (i.e. Dyno data, mobile access).

Click here to visit the site

Here are a couple screen shots.

First shot is of the "Performance Report". This is basically a report of your performance over a given time period. You pick a date range and the site generates the report based on your runs within that range. In addition to what is shown in the screenshot there are graphs on this page that show your 1/4MPH & ET and your 1/8MPH & ET over the date range (so you can tell if you are improving):

PerformanceReport.png

There are also custom graphs available. For instance, you could generate a graph that shows your 60' time relative to your 330' time. Or you could see how your times differed based on which lane you ran in. For example here is a graph showing how the back half MPH gain progressed through the range:

PopupGraph.png

Here's another I think would be useful - it is the 60' time based on the launch RPMs (although the same RPM was used throughout the day on this graph):

PopupGraph2.png

Last edited:

bhiggs89

Established Member
Seems like a pretty neat idea for the occasional drag racer/ street car, and its very nice that it is free. Is there a limit on the number of runs that you can save? How about an area to enter weather information? A notes field?

But for the hardcore drag/sportsman racer, there is only 1 program to use. Crew Chief Pro

Last edited:

daschra

Established Member
Sounds like a pretty good idea. Will you be able to record shock settings,tire pressure, ride heights, etc.?

key

Established Member
bhiggs89 - You are correct, this is for the guy/gal who is into drag racing and needs a simple and effective way to manage their data. This is not necessarily for professional racers although I believe it could get to that at some point.

I didn't post a shot of the data entry screen but yes, you can enter weather conditions, track conditions, boost PSI, nitrous data, and any other notes you might want to enter. Here's a shot of the data entry screen:

RunEntry.png

key

Established Member
As far as fields that can be entered, I can easily add more, and I fully expect to be doing that if demand requires it.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Correct, but do you know of any that are web based? I looked and couldn't find a single one, at least not one that has this kind of feature set :shrug:

No doubt it is a useful tool for some.
Personally I may or may not use it.

Any racer that races events will have a bigger program on their laptop along with weather stations.
Most die hard bracket racers like me will use log books where I can look back through the first few runs and even back futher to past days with same conditions to figure dial in.

I would not have web access at the track to do all this.

For guys here on SVTP who go to the track it would be very useful to keep up progress on the car and store runs.

I'm not knocking it at all. My post was more in response to the guys that don't know they make simple books to record weather, 60', tire pressure and much more.

crewchiefpro

Established Member
There is a reason there aren't any, spotty internet coverage at the race tracks. Any logbook should be readily available, and PC based ones have the advantage of speed and security.

It's not useful if you can't use it....

I spent the last 20 years perfecting our Crew Chief Pro Drag Racing Software. It requires close to 7,000 ( yes, 7 thousand ) hours of design and implimentation time for each new release. Serious computer programs require professional programmers, it helps that we just happen to be very good drag racers also.

key

Established Member
Correct, this is not for everyone, I don't expect it to be. Also, I'm not really competing with your Crew Chief Pro software as I've already stated. This is for a different set of users.

As far as what it takes to design software, I am totally aware of that aspect. I am a professional software architect and deal with systems that routinely handle several billions of dollars - sometimes a couple billion A DAY. It's not like I have no experience with software, far from it.

Again, this is not for the same group of people that would spend $$ on your software. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm treading on your turf (you did register just to post that), but I see these two programs as serving different purposes.

bhiggs89

Established Member
Correct, this is not for everyone, I don't expect it to be. Also, I'm not really competing with your Crew Chief Pro software as I've already stated. This is for a different set of users.

As far as what it takes to design software, I am totally aware of that aspect. I am a professional software architect and deal with systems that routinely handle several billions of dollars - sometimes a couple billion A DAY. It's not like I have no experience with software, far from it.

Again, this is not for the same group of people that would spend $$ on your software. I'm sorry if you feel like I'm treading on your turf (you did register just to post that), but I see these two programs as serving different purposes.

I'll speak for him, he is my Dad. To me, I think your website is a pretty good idea, it allows the casual racer the ability to store their runs, info, etc. online, for free. It appears that you have a pretty good start.

Like you have said, this is not for the serious racer (Sportsman, Professional, etc.) They know which software they need to use if they are serious about winning races.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
This is in the works. Do you have cell access at the tracks you go to?
Yeah I have cell access. A Iphone app though shouldn't require signal to work or am I thinking wrong on that?

key

Established Member
I'll speak for him, he is my Dad. To me, I think your website is a pretty good idea, it allows the casual racer the ability to store their runs, info, etc. online, for free. It appears that you have a pretty good start.

Thanks. At this point I do not plan on doing some of the features of your software. For example the weather stations, predictions, etc.. That's just too much to tackle at this point, and I don't know that I'd ever do the weather stations. Your software looks like it does a good job at that anyway.

What I do plan on doing is providing a usable solution for people to use for logging their progress with their car and modifications - at no cost to the user whatsoever.

If you guys ever need any help on web stuff, let me know and I'd be glad to lend a hand.

Also I am totally aware that not all tracks have cellphone reception, however, there are lots that do. I think in that case it will be very useful for the user to be able to use their cell phone to enter their data.

Have a good one,
Zach

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
Man, I have had this idea for a few years now. Actually was going to start coding it soon. I love it and would definitely use it :beer:

key

Established Member
I completed the cell phone integration last night. If you have cell access at your track, you will be able to enter data directly from your cell phone (provided it is a smart phone - iPhone, Android, etc..).

Users who are viewing this thread