Drag racing ticket in Ohio

kyle_c_21

Established Member
what are the fines and penalties for someone who gets a drag racing ticket in ohio? i have two friends who were caught racing friday. one belives she will get off with just paying fines and i dont think this is correct. is there any type of suspension on her license that she will have? also, the other guy just got his license back from drag racing ticket 4 months ago and im wondering what is gonna happen to him?

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
They are screwed big time..... :nonono: that should teach em

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
blueoval4ever said:
I would tell them they should probably get bus passes for the next year or two.

Tell their parents to take em everywhere......'Mom!, take me and my gf to the movies!' :lol: :lol: :lol:

kyle_c_21

Established Member
blueoval4ever said:
I would tell them they should probably get bus passes for the next year or two.

i figure he will be walking for a year or so being this is the second time in the last 4 months that this has happened. she seems to think that her uncles friend is a cop in a neighboring town that she will get out of it. i doubt that very seriously since it seems drag racing is taken more seriously than DUI's here now adays.

hawkster

Established Member
I live in Lima, OH. I have been caught racing. Was the ticket for "racing" or "wreckless opp". Sorry to here this by the way :nonono:

kyle_c_21

Established Member
ticket was made out as drag racing. there my friends and all, but they deserve what they get for racing in town in a busy area loaded with local cops.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
kyle_c_21 said:
drag racing ticket in ohio...
two friends caught racing...
one belives she will get off with just paying fines...
the other guy just got his license back from drag racing ticket 4 months ago...
First, they both should know that "Drag Racing" is a 6 point violation in Ohio. To put that into perspective, DUI, fleeing/eluding, vehicular homicide, etc. are all 6 point violations. Nobody will be mailing in fines on this one. They WILL be making a court appearance.

Your buddy who just got his license back (is he that stupid???) now has an impressive 12 points on his record. When you get 12 points in a 2-year period in Ohio, here's the minimum that happens:

• Suspension of driving privileges for six months
  • Proof of financial responsibility must be filed with the Bureau of Motor Vehicles and maintained for five years. Your insurance company will notify the BMV if, within the five-year monitoring period, your policy lapses, is nonrenewed or is terminated.
  • Upon completion of suspension, a remedial driving course approved by the Director of Public Safety must be taken. The course must include a minimum of 25% of its classroom hours devoted to instruction on driver attitude.
  • A new driving test must be taken

kyle_c_21

Established Member
yes he's that stupid. i could go on and on about his driving record. anyone have any idea what the penalties are for a first timer? she still thinks she will get a slap on the wrist. guess we'll find out friday morning.

WDW MKR

Established Member
kyle_c_21 said:
yes he's that stupid. i could go on and on about his driving record. anyone have any idea what the penalties are for a first timer? she still thinks she will get a slap on the wrist. guess we'll find out friday morning.

Going by memory... it's a first-degree misdemeanor, which requires court appearances, potential jail time, and fines of up to $5000. She absolutely will not get a slap on the wrist. Best advice is to get an attorney. I recommend Clay Balyeat for Lima, OH. They are really starting to make an example of this stuff. She can hope that they be sympathetic to the first offense and knock it down to wreckless/careless op.

I was fortunate in that my case was completely bogus. Still cost me $700-800 in attorney fees to get out of something that never happened. They do not take this charge lightly.

90stang5.0

THE SLOW GUY
Established Member
here in the quad cities (iowa) I got busted last yr. for drag racing luckliey i was just on the top of second going into 3rd...also was spraying 175 shoot so my bottle was open thank god they didnt check that....open bottle on the streets is very illegal but I got a lawyer 500.00 and they dropped it down to exsssive speeding-and i lost my lisense for 6 mths..and now im on sr22 insurance for 1 yr. and on probatition for a yr....least i was winning the up-side of it and now all i do is cruise unless were out in the country where we race nowadays...

kyle_c_21

Established Member
well, the court hearing is friday morning. he's gonna plead guilty and she is getting a lawyer. i guess we'll see what happens then.

Speedingpenguin

Former SVT *****
Established Member
hawkster said:
I live in Lima, OH. I have been caught racing. Was the ticket for "racing" or "wreckless opp". Sorry to here this by the way :nonono:
I'm moving to Lima this summer, going to UNOH for high performance tech.....
sorry to go off topic

WDW MKR

Established Member
Speedingpenguin said:
I'm moving to Lima this summer, going to UNOH for high performance tech.....
sorry to go off topic

Please don't fall into the stereotype of those that feel the need to burn out from every stop sign in their rusted Datsun truck when it's raining outside! :thumbsup:

Speedingpenguin

Former SVT *****
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Please don't fall into the stereotype of those that feel the need to burn out from every stop sign in their rusted Datsun truck when it's raining outside! :thumbsup:
uh-oh.......
lol
nah if its raining or slippery outside i dont intentionally spin the tires at all....only when its dry and i can hear them scream :p

WDW MKR

Established Member
You'll understand the joke when you get there. The stereotypical clientel of that school has become notorious around the town. It's a shame, since it's one of the highest ranked high performance progams in the country. A few bad apples ruin the image for everyone else.

Speedingpenguin

Former SVT *****
Established Member
....when i visited the school over the summer, we were pulling out of the parking lot and there was a jacked up Dodge pickup that peeled out of the parking lot...... that whatcha talking about? hahahaha

cenwesi

Established Member
Ok, it is friday afternoon here. So what is the verdict? Did they put her in jail?

kyle_c_21

Established Member
they both ended up getting 100 dollar reduced fines, from 500. 6 points on there licenses, and no suspensions. although i dont think he is out of the woods yet, b/c that will have him 12 points in less than 6 months so he might loose it after all, but as of now they both have them.

Users who are viewing this thread