Drag radial preference

Ralo

Established Member
I've had Toyo tq, and the Nitto NT05R. Getting closer to be time for a new set and I was wanting some opinions. I'm considering the Hoosier, Mickey, or the Nittos again. I'd like to hear how everyone thinks they stack up.

Thanks

ps they will be 315's

socialdfan

Established Member
I have been researching the same thing. Should have made it a poll thread.

I am probably going to throw caution to the wind and pick me up the Hoosier 335. I want that wide look.

Ralo

Established Member
I have been researching the same thing. Should have made it a poll thread.

I am probably going to throw caution to the wind and pick me up the Hoosier 335. I want that wide look.

If the 335 is too wide for the 10.5" you're better off just getting a size that fits right so it makes better contact. At least that's what I've always heard.

wudy

Established Member
Love my Mickey Ts. Had Nittos they were good but my Mickeys are awsome. Never had Hoosiers.

Ralo

Established Member
Not sure on that they look to be pretty much be slicks. I'm more worried about my paint getting ate up than getting stuck in the rain though.

Teej281

Established Member
If the 335 is too wide for the 10.5" you're better off just getting a size that fits right so it makes better contact. At least that's what I've always heard.

well if you were talking about a stiff sidewall tire, I'd say yes. But these are as soft of a sidewall as a radial tire is going to get and if you drop the pressure to 20psi or so I'm sure you'd get full contact patch on the road. Plus this I believe is gonna be for 17x10.5's and the little extra sidewall you get from running 17's rather than 18's will help. I know my 335/30-18's dont get full contact patch, but I got them at a steal of a price so I couldnt pass them up.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
got 315 35 17 mickey t's. dissapointed they are not as wide as they used to be i guess. someone told me they used to be wider, they only measure like 11.5" tread. But they hook like a bitch!
nqf60.jpg

35l9jx1.jpg

03_termi

Established Member
I'm on 315s NT05R and they hook very good at the track. I was cutting 1.71s at the track and I was bogging off the line. First time at the track with a sticky tire wasn't used to it. But iv tried launching it on the street 3 times all with a decent 2nd gear burnout and I spun bad twice and hooked good once. Still not sure about them as far as street racing tires but for the track I have no complaints. I'm hoping they do better on the street since that is where I have most of my fun!!

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
I've got love for a 28'' M&H. They run really narrow, like 335/45/17 is equal to or less than a BFG 315/17 in width, not height. With more sidewall they will bite harder and come off the line faster. And they also fill your wheel well perfectly.

Teej281

Established Member
But you better gear down or most of your gearing will go out the window. Running the 28" tall M&H's will be putting you from stock ratio to a 3.15 rear end gear ratio and might kill you on a launch if not setup right. Running a 3.90 gear with 28" tires would be perfect IMO but thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread