Drag radials? what do you guys think?

PainNdaArse

Established Member
I'm sick and tired of changing out my wheels when I goto the track. I was thinking about buying a new set of big and littles, and to slap a nice set of radials on there. A normal 315/35-17 DR doesn't cut it for a 500hp car at the track or extremely aggressive driving on the street. I was wanting to get the M/T 325/50-15 Street radial. I know there is cars that have went 7s on these, but it's all in the setup and type of car. I'm worried that the 325/50-15 won't have enough 'bite' at the track. I've been told that if I don't dead hook then it's pretty much aborted run... ??? what do you guys think? any suggestions? know anyone who is running this setup on a KB/Whippled car? if so what are they running short times, 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile?

I wish it would be easily solved by getting 2 sets of rear wheels and running the et drags and et street radials, but... momma won't let that happen :idea:

Thanks!

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
People have also been low 8s on BFGs.

It is not just the car but also the driver.

Not sure about your comments though,

"I'm sick and tired of changing out my wheels when I goto the track"

and then,

"I wish it would be easily solved by getting 2 sets of rear wheels and running the et drags and et street radials, but... momma won't let that happen"

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
People have also been low 8s on BFGs.

It is not just the car but also the driver.

Not sure about your comments though,

"I'm sick and tired of changing out my wheels when I goto the track"

and then,

"I wish it would be easily solved by getting 2 sets of rear wheels and running the et drags and et street radials, but... momma won't let that happen"

Glad Im not the only person that had to read that twice. Drag radials work good to a point. Just don't get caught out in the rain with them.

PainNdaArse

Established Member
I meant that my wife will not let me order one extra set of rears. (to match the front) I have a street set, but it looks really stupid when you're cruising around with 2 different sets of wheels on the car. I wouldn't mind just changing just the rears out (front drag radials to slicks) but changing the fronts too is a pain cause of the bolted on spacers. Sorry guys I was half asleep. As you can see now it's 6:00am, and I'm wide awake... these long days are killing me...

Users who are viewing this thread