Drag radials with stock PP suspension?

RSKtakR

Established Member
Anyone throw any drag radials on with the stock suspension and still get wheel hop? If so is it worse or not as bad than with stock tires??

BMR Tech

We have. That was one of the first things we did, was put MT Drag Radials on our car.

It did not help the wheel hop for us. Not even close.

All of our Wheel Hop testing for the past month, or so, has been with the Drag Radials on the car.

RSKtakR

Established Member
STL5OH, I was planning on doing the same thing but with Nitto NT05R's, I get wheel hop at the top of 1st and 2nd and launching of course.. What RPM are you launching at from a dead stop? I have my stage limit set to 3k but maybe I'm revving higher than that after I let ofF the clutch pedal. Nice car BTW, its the FASTEST COLOR AND BEST LOOKING 2015 GT!!.... (IDENTICAL TO MINE) :)

Last edited:

STL5OHSLOW

Established Member
I haven't launched this car yet just a lot of slipping the clutch. when no lift shifting all I get is a little chirp I haven't had it let loose once since putting these tires on.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I haven't launched this car yet just a lot of slipping the clutch. when no lift shifting all I get is a little chirp I haven't had it let loose once since putting these tires on.

Innnnnnnteresting.. I might have to throw a set on and see what happens. I HATE not being able to hook up and get any traction.

Gamble13GT

Established Member
Mine still wheel hops with Nitto 555R's on it. I wont bother launching it until the half shafts are replaced and can take the hit.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I'm not so worried about the launch (because of the shafts also).. I can launch easy and then hit it after just getting out of the hole, but hooking up getting into the higher RPM's with no tire hop would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread