Drag Rims for 93 cobra

vemom93

Ok... So like a lot of us here I have a 93 cobra with its wider rear axle, and I am attached to the 4 lug pattern due to my wheels only being available in a 4 lug pattern. I would like to know what kind of backspacing/wheel would I need to get in order to have a 16/15 inch wheel I could fit some slicks/DR on. Preferably a 15x10, 15x8, 16x10, or 16x8. I know a 305 will fit in the back on a 4 lug gt, but I fit a 275 on my 17x8 inch wheel now. If you guys know where to find the correct backspacing, or know of a wheel company that can figure it out for me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
I run the same welds on my car i ran on my 93 lx with no issues... i'm not sure what backspacing... 5.5 or 4.5 i forget which now. i run a 26x10.50

1slohawk

Established Member
I ran a 15x8 draglite with a 5.5 backspacing and a 275/60/15 M/T although I liked the way it looked on the car with stock springs they would rub around turns and with a passenger in the car it would rub when I hit bumps in the road. I added air bags to stiffen it up which fixed the problem but then it sat to high for my liking. I have since had the rear narrowed 1/2" each side and added 9" ends now the 5.5 backspacing will fit in the wheel well more like it should. The other option is bogarts they'll make any backspacing you want but there a lot more money

johnh

Established Member
If your looking at drag wheels for your car I wouldn't even consider running the 16" wheel. A 15x8 with 5.5 BS works fine but if your willing to roll your fender lips a 15x10 with a 6.5BS. Both wheels are available in 4 lug.
It's difficult to run a 275/60 tire on our car unless you have adjustable suspension. It will rub fore and aft somewhere. To be on the safe side run a 275/50 or the hoosier 27x10's.

SCT93COBRA

Established Member
If anyone is interested, I have for sale a set of 4 lug Bogart Drag Stars that were custom made 15x9, and 15x4 with brand new 26x10 ET Drags and Moroso DS-2 Tires. The rears do not rub anywhere. These wheels are unbelievably light. I am de-tuning my car and want to convert to 5 lug.

1slohawk

Established Member
If anyone is interested, I have for sale a set of 4 lug Bogart Drag Stars that were custom made 15x9, and 15x4 with brand new 26x10 ET Drags and Moroso DS-2 Tires. The rears do not rub anywhere. These wheels are unbelievably light. I am de-tuning my car and want to convert to 5 lug.

price?

racerbox77

Established Member

28" tire is too tall and those wheels are 5 lug in the link.

I run a 15x8 Weld with 5.5 backspacing and a 27x10.5 Mickey Thompson ET Street. I had to roll my fenders tho. Sorry my car has 5 lug so disregard.

vemom93

oh sorry well it listed as a mustang 4 lug on jegs. It gives you the option of the 5 lug, and 4 lug options. Read a little closer. Guess I shouldnt really be shopping for wheels and tires on jegs.

Last edited by a moderator:

racerbox77

Established Member
oh sorry well it listed as a mustang 4 lug on jegs. It gives you the option of the 5 lug, and 4 lug options. Read a little closer. Guess I shouldnt really be shopping for wheels and tires on jegs.

Very common wheel your lookin for. Prob find in classifieds

Users who are viewing this thread