Drag set-ups

jetmech

Established Member
Gents, lets talk drag set ups that work on these cars with SRA's. I'd like to focus on setting up the suspension around DR's, so what struts/springs rates work together as well as rear shocks and springs? I'm more focused on drag racing then street as it's not my DD. Any products I should stay away from, bad experiances? Post up times you've run on your set up also please.

Last edited:

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
Team z motorsports front and back! Stock gt spring cut to your liking, strang 10 way adj shocks/struts are a good bang for buck,

jetmech

Established Member
Team z motorsports front and back! Stock gt spring cut to your liking, strang 10 way adj shocks/struts are a good bang for buck,
What's your 60' time on this set up? keep 'em coming guys. I'd also like to hear what times you've run with your set up.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I haven't ran it yet with my team z uppers, but with upr stuff I was cutting 1.69 on a crappy track

Evo2SVT

Established Member
This is what I run in my car
UPR K-member, UPR A-arms, Strange single adjustable struts, Coilover kit with 14/175 springs, SRA, Moser 31 spline axles, stock 3.55 gears, TRZ double adjustable upper control arms, TRZ double adjustable lower control arms, Strange double adjustable rear shocks, stock GT springs with 1 coil cut off, Weld Pro Stars big and littles with a small 275x60x15 Mickey Thompson Drag Radial also putting in a Team Z ARB and solid rear bushings

Last edited:

jetmech

Established Member
This is what I run in my car
UPR K-member, UPR A-arms, Strange single adjustable struts, Coilover kit with 14/175 springs, SRA, Moser 31 spline axles, stock 3.55 gears, TRZ double adjustable upper control arms, TRZ double adjustable lower control arms, Strange double adjustable rear shocks, stock GT springs with 1 coil cut off, Weld Pro Stars big and littles with a small 275x60x15 Mickey Thompson Drag Radial also putting in a Team Z ARB and solid rear bushings[/QUOTE

That's the route I went,I'm doing the Team Z dbl adj uppers, lowers and the anti-roll bar. Going with UPR K-member with control arms. I was just unsure on best spring rate and strut combo. How does it 60' and run in the 8th with that set up?

Last edited:

Evo2SVT

Established Member
low 1.5 in the 60' I forget what it goes in the 1/8 but the 1/4 is 11.0. I would go 14-175 spring with Strange single adjustable up front. Good combo that works really well in the cars

jetmech

Established Member
Thanks for the info, anyone else who's got a good set up post up please I'd like to get a couple different known/proven spring rate/strut combos.

Users who are viewing this thread