Drag Setup questions

Bens-Vr4

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have finally convinced pops to look into a setup for the strip so, he can get some decent times out of his pullied 03. I have pretty much convinced him to skip the whole Nitto thing and either get a set of BFG D/R or preferably some MT D/Rs. This will be a 17 inch tire and will only really be used at the track, maybe to drive there and back too. So what is everyones recommendation on size, bfg VS m/t. I have never had any "real world experience" with either so I am looking for opinions for those who've had.

The car-
03 Cobra Vert
Full "road race" maximum motorsports tubular front end
Cut coupe springs with a bunch of IRS bushings replaced and a IRS Brace
Cat-Back/intake
2.93 Pully and toooon (460ish to the wheels/more tq)
MGW shifter

So now he needs tires...please throw in your .02!
:beer:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Unless he swaps out the springs for some softer ones it will be hard to get the car to 60-ft well even with sticky tires. If it's stock weight you can expect high-11s at that power level if he gets a decent launch.

Last edited:

Bens-Vr4

Established Member
put the stock springs back in please. get the mts drag radials 315's on 10.5 rims.

Please explain why everyone has such as hard dealing with the fact that not everyone who has a mustang wants the softest springs possible. the car is a street car that will see autocross events, track events and a few (very few) drag strip passes...He will not, nor would I advise him to put the stock springs in unless you give me very very solid evidence on why he should...and please to not say to lower his 60' because that is not everything...corners are just more fun for us...

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread