Drag Suspension Setup Question

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
he's right SRA is the answer for drag racing... im not getting into any of the cost or anything. but how many IRS cars have dipped into the low (not 1.39 and 1.38's im talking sub 33's) 1.30's and 1.20's in 60'.
How many SRA Terminators have hit low 1.3's or better in a Terminator??? JR, Jay Knott maybe.....Sorry Derrick. Not a valid argument. The primary benefits that nearly ALL Terminator SRA users get is weight reduction and durability. Not performance......

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
How many SRA Terminators have hit low 1.3's or better in a Terminator??? JR, Jay Knott maybe.....Sorry Derrick. Not a valid argument. The primary benefits that nearly ALL Terminator SRA users get is weight reduction and durability. Not performance......

bob did, over 5 years ago with his 03... it was 1.32/3 and a few 1.31's

the suspension aftermarket just isnt there for the IRS to make it hook like an SRA

IronTerp

bob did, over 5 years ago with his 03... it was 1.32/3 and a few 1.31's

the suspension aftermarket just isnt there for the IRS to make it hook like an SRA
Okay Derrick, there's 3 folks and as we both remember, Bob's car was set up to the hilt and ran a 10.01......Bob sold his Termiantor shortly thereafter and eventually went to a Fox which is a much more suitable drag racing platform.

Antex hit a 1.38 60' with his modestly modified IRS setup and a 6 speed, hit a 10.10 ET, and drove the car to work the next day......40 mile round trip.:beer:

Weight reduction and durability, weight reduction and durability........

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Okay Derrick, there's 3 folks and as we both remember, Bob's car was set up to the hilt and ran a 10.01......Bob sold his Termiantor shortly thereafter and eventually went to a Fox which is a much more suitable drag racing platform.

Antex hit a 1.38 60' with his modestly modified IRS setup and a 6 speed, hit a 10.10 ET, and drove the car to work the next day......40 mile round trip.:beer:

Weight reduction and durability, weight reduction and durability........

not trying to be a dick or anything but maybe you dont remember as well as you think...

it wasnt set up to the hilt... it was a set of mega bit JR solid steeda uppers ebaich drag springs with air bag lake woods 90/10 and 50/50 GT front springs with a C4 and a 2.2KB nothing really set up to the hilt. hell the converter was one rick had laying around the shop i think we could have went 1.29's or so with it if we went coil over antiroll bar and all that.

also he sold his 03 after he went with the big built motor with the 2.4 and snapped the input shaft on his C4...

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
i guesss the op will not be cutting 1.3 60fts on his setup so im sure the irs will be fine for him.

OP. practice will get you some good short times. just go to the track as much as you can. drag racing is just like any sport. you need to practice to get good at it.

IronTerp

all these guys that have cut a 1.3x, 1.4x in a irs car are they all double power adder car?
Except for CobraStruck, the ones that I've personally seen where single power adder twin screw cars:

Antex (1.38)
Hisssnsvt (1.39)
JRS BLOWN SNAKE (1.44)
CobraStruck (1.44) Ported Eaton with Nitrous
F8LBITE (1.46)

Antex's 1.38 60' Launch:
[ame="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/antex/?action=view&current=Antex-Launch.flv"]Launch 1.38 60ft video by antex - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
then stick with the IRS... get a set of IRS bushings and some good shocks and springs in it. anything you can do to prevent wheel hop will go a long way.

looks like you have most of what you need already... id pull the bilstiens for a set of QA1's or strange shocks.. as for the tires, i dont think you really need the 11.50's but it wont hurt. you dont need a huge tire to get a car down the track.

+1 to everything.

I'd also stick with the 10.5" tire.

crazy8smokey

Established Member
I hit a 1.5 on my stock IRS with a brace and some MT ET streets-- it can b done (and Im not that great or a driver, lol) practice
good luck man
-George-

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I agree with Iron Terp that most owners go SRA for the weight savings, and less of a worry about breaking at the track.

I also would like to add that I believe either setup can net similar 60's.. depending on the modifications made, driver ability and track conditions.

I DARE any of you to hit 1.3's with an average twin screw car at our local tracks.. lol.

Last edited:

carfax

Established Member
I agree with Iron Terp that most owners go SRA for the weight savings, and less of a worry about breaking at the track.

I also would like to add that I believe either setup can net similar 60's.. depending on the modifications made, driver ability and track conditions.

I DARE any of you to hit 1.3's with an average twin screw car at our local tracks.. lol.

what track you at?

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
Amarillo Raceway and when it is open, Lubbock Dragway.

I have heard very good things about Desert Thunder Raceway, but I have not personally been, and it is 1/8 only.

Users who are viewing this thread