Drag tire choices

filofthephuture

Established Member
Sorry if this is kind of a dumb question, but I've had a hard time getting a straight answer from anyone on this.

Recently I purchased some rear Race Star drag wheels and I'm planning to run them and my normal street tires at the strip for a while and eventually get some front runners. So my question is, would the Hoosier Quick Time Pro on the rear be safe to run with the Pilot Super Sports on the front? I've read that people running a slick in the rear and radial in the front have experienced some sway at higher speeds and quite frankly, I don't want to shit myself and/or hit the wall going 90mph. On the other hand I've also read that DR's are a bit hard on the M6 cars.

These are the tires I've been planning to get. Thanks in advance for any help!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hoo-17510/overview/

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
If you run a bias ply in the rear your suppose to have a bias ply in the front... You can run a radial in the rear with either one on the front.

If your going to dump the clutch you'll need a bias ply tire... If you run a radial you'll have to learn how to slip the clutch & drive it out of the hole!

GrabUblue

Established Member
I've never purchased a set of bias ply fronts for any of my cars on full slicks. It's not as bad as most make it out to be. I just ran my 13 Sunday for the first time on ET streets and didn't have any issues.

As for the Hoosier qtp, that's a good tire, I'll be buying a new set soon. You'll be happy with them.

filofthephuture

Established Member
I've never purchased a set of bias ply fronts for any of my cars on full slicks. It's not as bad as most make it out to be. I just ran my 13 Sunday for the first time on ET streets and didn't have any issues.

As for the Hoosier qtp, that's a good tire, I'll be buying a new set soon. You'll be happy with them.
Thanks a ton guys! I'll definitely get some wheels for the front asap, but for the time being I'll be leaving my 275 PSS's on the front. Preciate the info!

Users who are viewing this thread