drag tires

blksvt10th

Established Member
i was just wondering what tire i should get for the track... my stock f1's are still good and i dont drag on the street, but i want to get a tire for the strip. i'm getting diamonds wheels for the rear I;ve have been pretty sure about getting et streets, however, i'm starting to second guess myself and and thinking about et street radials instead. anyone have any poinions on this? the car isn't pulleyed and will be getting the whipple upgrade in the future. I don't know how much better the et streets will be for just making little over 400 at the time, but i figure i would want to be accustomed to slicks before making the power jump. I don;t think it makes sense to get nittos or some drag radials if they are only going to be used at the strip. any ideas?

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Alot of guys today are using the radial slicks vs. biased ply slicks and running quicker. The MT ET Street drag radial is a dynamite tire!! If I was going to drag mine thats what I would use. Mount em on separate wheels, swap em before you leave for the track if your driving it there; just lower the psi to about 20 if your running the 275-40-17 on 9" rims. They will perform as well or better than the biased ply ET Streets. I even read an article where they outperformed full biased ply slicks on a Camaro at a tire test comparison session. I forget what magazine though. Also, they will run better on the street vs. the ET Streets because of the construction and not mixing front radial tires with rear biased plys. Just my 2 cnts.

Users who are viewing this thread