Drag wheel question????

SLP96

Established Member
I have a droptop 03 Cobra and want to put on some wheels and tires but dont want them to rub.. i want the skinnys and bigs.. i just dont want to have to grind down on my calipers and want them to clear my brakes.. is there any wheels that any company makes that you can just directly bolt on?? and could you post some pics.. i plan on ordering them asap i just dont know where to start.. Thanks in advance for your help..

-Ronnie

MVD

Established Member
No 15" wheel will clear the front or rear brakes. In the front you can use a 15" wheel but have to run a spacer. In the rear you will have to use a 16" wheel to clear. Bogart makes nice 16" wheels that are very light (D-10's).......but just don't run them on the street at all.

03ZYTERMINATOR

Established Member
The Bogart D10 for the 03/04 Cobra has the spacer for the front welded on. They fit without modifications. Some have drove them on the street with no issues. Some have had issues with the weld breaking. CCW drag package is the only other Big and Littles you can mount without grinding.

SLP96

Established Member
So if i got 15's Welds prostars i would have to grind them?? also would i have to get spacers?? and if i have to get spacers what size and what would be the backspacing on them??

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
SLP96 said:
So if i got 15's Welds prostars i would have to grind them?? also would i have to get spacers?? and if i have to get spacers what size and what would be the backspacing on them??
No grinding for the front.....just a 1" spacer. Yes, for the rear you will have to grind the brake caliper and a part of the tie rod knuckle end. There's a write-up somewhere on SVTP on the procedure. I've see a couple where the owners have repainted the caliber/knuckle and you can't really even tell.

Last edited:

KB04Cobra

You're STILL gonna LOSE
Established Member
MVD said:
No 15" wheel will clear the front or rear brakes. In the front you can use a 15" wheel but have to run a spacer. In the rear you will have to use a 16" wheel to clear. Bogart makes nice 16" wheels that are very light (D-10's).......but just don't run them on the street at all.
I plan on orderng the D-10's too, so why would the weld break driving on the street and not on the track? bumpy roads break weld? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread