Drag wheels

11_Ingot5.0

Established Member
Hey everyone

I just got racestars 17s and running MT ET street drag radial II what should I run psi at just for drag track? I know I can't dump the clutch with these tires so will feather it out just wondering what other people run with tire psi at.

thanks

wile2k

Established Member
Hey everyone

I just got racestars 17s and running MT ET street drag radial II what should I run psi at just for drag track? I know I can't dump the clutch with these tires so will feather it out just wondering what other people run with tire psi at.

thanks

Mine is an auto so not apples to apples but the car likes around 16psi (17" ET Street II, 295/45/17). I'd maybe start around 15 and if you are hooking well then increase psi by 1-2 until you find the happy spot. You want to run the most pressure you can without spinning but I wouldn't suggest starting high and working your way down, that gets scary :).

Supercharged with stock converter I wasn't having any trouble out of the hole (it leaves soft) but the 1-2 shift would blow away the tires with more than about 20psi in them. Below 20 it started to get more predictable and I'm sure I can fine tune it a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread