Dragstrip video of a friends Z06 from Saturday

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
Imperial Pose:
I notice you have the 16lb pulley on your KB.. do you have any belt slippage issues?

00SVTdubs:
It has a ProCharger on it. I agree, if he could shift a bit better and maybe get a slick or ET street on it, it would definitely go 10's.

-Rick

Last edited:

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
I'm going to have to get an idler pulley for the shop car at work, because it is making about 16 lbs and it slipped on the dyno once and a few times on the street.

Do you have the billetflow pulley?

-Rick

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
does sound like he forgot to shift into 2nd for a second
still thats hauling. Nice run

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Reaction time dont matter on your ET.
He could have sat there for 10 seconds and still ran a 11.1.

The clock dont start till your front tire crosses the front beam.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Hey that's George! He's the man. Such a nice guy that just loves beating the shit out of his cars. Bought my drag radials off him and raced with him many times this year.

That's one fast bastard of a car. The problem is we always get stuck at shitty tracks. We always go to Milan and he runs like 11.90-12.20; Lapeer like 11.70-11.90. Wonder what I'd run at the track he pulled 11.1 at...he's usually a good .3 tenths faster than me. Hell, I'd kill for an 11.4 :lol1:

Sweet vid.:beer:

Green SVT

Established Member
This vid raises a question. I've always been told that every 1/10th of a second is a carlength. Now I know we can't go by the camera angle, but an 11.1 compared to a 13.0 should be a whopping amount of distance. I didn't see that. The Camaro seemed to launch well and didn't get BLOWN away like I thought it would. Weird.

-R-

Users who are viewing this thread