Drift/pull on uneven/rough roads

jaiasmit

Established Member
I've got a 2012 SVTPP GT500. I love the car except for one thing. When driving on uneven roads, there seems to be an excessive amount of drift and sometimes extreme pull where there are grooves or dips in the road. It takes a lot of constant correction (almost holding on for dear life) on certain roads.

I've tried to convince myself that this is due to a responsive suspension setup and there is nothing wrong with the car, but I thought it might be time to get some outside opinions.

I've never driven another GT500 to compare too, so it's pretty hard for me tell whether this is normal or something to be concerned about. I'm a little afraid for my wife to drive the car on certain roads because the pull is so bad I'm afraid she's going to be in an accident.

Does everyone experience this with theirs?

I know there was a TSB for 2011s having to do with the steering system, but it seems it doesn't apply to 2012s. Just trying to figure out if I need to do anything.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
it's called trammeling - it due to a wider tire and the road grooves

totally normal from what you describe IMO, since you suggest it's only on certain roads, if it happened all the time, then I would be concerned.

jaiasmit

Established Member
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Any thoughts on quieting this down a bit, so the car is a little more compliant .

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Any thoughts on quieting this down a bit, so the car is a little more compliant .

hello7143.jpg

just don't try and turn quickly... :beer:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Tramlining is more prevalent in a directional tire. I put larger Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my car, and while it still exhibits some tramlining, it's not as bad as the Goodyear F1s that came with the SVTPP package.

jaiasmit

Established Member
Tramlining is more prevalent in a directional tire. I put larger Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my car, and while it still exhibits some tramlining, it's not as bad as the Goodyear F1s that came with the SVTPP package.

Thanks for the info.

I'm planning to buy some all season tires anyway, so I'll keep that in mind when researching.

Users who are viewing this thread