Drivability of a modified 03-04 Cobra

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
Going this week to AZ to look at and possibly purchase a KB 04 Oxford White Cobra coupe 12,000 miles "babied" 604 RWHP ect... The question I have is it will not be a DD but would like to be able to take it to Vegas once every couple months. How dependable are these things when tuned right? I mean could you drive cross country with no problems? I have owned a procharged Roush and Camaro before and only problem I had was they would get hot sitting in traffic. Bottom line how do KB/Pullied Cobras hold up on long drives.

Thanks in advance

RoushS2:beer:

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
They do just fine.

I drove my car on a few 600 mile round trips, and sat in Washington DC traffic during rush hour on a Friday afternoon, only to stop at the drag strip on my way home. I was due to make it home by 5pm, but the traffic held me up until 7pm and the track just seemed like a better option. Ambient temps were in the 96-98 range.

Common

Established Member
Be careful about doing 5th gear wot pulls, if you do this, little midget comes out from underneath the drivers seat and delivers a devastating uppercut to the balls. Not a pleasant experience.

Good luck with it.

hb712

Established Member
I daily drive a twin GT35r Cobra in the warm months. I have never had it break down on me with something I couldn't fix on the road.

Defknotzero

Established Member
Be careful about doing 5th gear wot pulls, if you do this, little midget comes out from underneath the drivers seat and delivers a devastating uppercut to the balls. Not a pleasant experience.

Good luck with it.

:lol1::lol1:

There is the common we know and love.

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member

Good luck with it.

Did a Wot 5th gear pull on nitrous once (Just finshed building my first motor less than 100 miles 17 years old and a moron) As I watched my oil pressure go from 75 to 5 psi the midget came out twisted my nipple first then proceeded to uppercut my balls. Not half as bad as what my father did to me after I blew up his 4k investment.;-)

SVT4ME

Established Member
I would at a minimum have the air fuel checked. Ya never know what kinda yeahoo tuned your new ride.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Just have the tune checked and you should be fine. Also make sure it has all the needed supporting mods. When these mod motors are done right you can daily drive a big power mod motor.
I drove my fully built Lightning any nice day I had before I sold it. The guy that bought it from flew up from Florida and drove it all the way back. The only issue he had was he spun it out on his way home and ended up on the median. HaHa!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
these cars are reliable. i'd drive mine long distance without a problem

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I've never had any drivability issues with my pullied Cobra, even on a 5 hr trip. Sitting in traffic it doesn't overheat a bit either, although you'll wanna kill yourself if you get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic with the clutch in these things.

Users who are viewing this thread