driveline question

Karnick_GT

Working on my tan...
Established Member
I'm wondering how easy it will be to put in a aluminum driveshaft, I realize it is just four bolts, but I want to change the oil in the trans while i'm down there.
Any special tools needed?
thanks

KazooGS-T

Established Member
Nope, it's just four 12-point bolts. You can use a normal wrench, I forgot the exact size somewhere between 10-12mm. Let the shaft drop some, then pull it out of the tranny; putting the new one in will be the same procedure, reversed. The tranny uses ATF also, not oil. Have fun.

69mach03

Established Member
A regular 3/8" ratchet and extension to remove both the plugs on the right hand / passenger side of the tranny case. Remove the lower to drain. Remove the upper to fill. Just a few quarts for the T-45 right guys? I know my T5 didn't take much. Felt like I was filling the diff.

Ahh, and make sure you get the car elevated in a level position so you don't get a face full of fluid when you pull the DS out of the trans tail.

Toasty

Established Member
I find it alot easier and much less messy to remove the shifter to fill the tranny. It may seem like more work, but I prefer to keep ATF off of me, the side of the trans, and my shop floor.

Users who are viewing this thread