Driveline whining noise. Need help identifying it.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Hey guys, I wanted to see if any of you have or had this same issue and can help me figure it out. I'm running Eibach sportlines with BMR adjustable LCAs with relocation brackets and BMR adjustable PHB.... I have had the ring and pinion gear whine in my car since day one... But this is a different issue. I'm getting a speed related whine. Coming from the rear area, seems to be more from the passengers side, but hard to tell. It gets louder with speed.... And is getting a bit worse with time. Any guesses are appreciated!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I have the frpp Shelby gt500 3.73 rear end and I have had this same issue from day one, but mine came from the driver side. One day we were rolling the car down the hill without the engine running and we heard a grinding sound. It ended up being my drive side wheel bearing. Maybe you can roll the car down a hill without the engine running and that might help you pinpoint what the problem is. Good luck!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Thanks guys for the info... I have been leaning to maybe a wheel bearing, but my son was in the back this weekend and thought the noise was coming from the center of the back. It's to the point where it's just loud enough to hear it. I'll have it checked out at my local speed shop.

hitmix300

Established Member
my friend has a set of "chassis ears" that come very handy for issues like this. maybe you can rent these to help pinpoint the culprit of your noise?

Users who are viewing this thread