Driver door is closing about an 1/8" too high!?

jmonday

Established Member
Hello everyone,

I'll post some pictures after work of what is going on and maybe get some feedback from you fine people.

2004 Cobra-pulley and exhaust. Everything else is original.

Issue: The driver door is misaligned for an unknown reason. When the window is fully up, the top of the window closes on the upper part of the weather stripping. Looking closely the weather stripping has a.beveled edge that is designed to keep rain and moisture out, as well as, wind noise. The window should close just below the beveled edge, just like the passenger side does. (pictures pending) But the driver side closes on the upper part. This is only happening on the opening side of the door. The hinge side is better.

I also noticed a scuff where the top of the window is hitting the painted window valance, when closing the door.

Could this be from torquing the frame, because or cobras are so damn fast? or can this be adjusted from the hinges?

Thanks everyone.

Sent from phone.
-JMonday

Cobra03SC

Established Member
My convertible was bad about this. The window would randomly be 1/8 too high and hit the top while closing and catch on it. I always assumed it had something to do with the window rattling and becoming misaligned slightly, or either the frame sagging slightly due to it being a convertible... Sounds like since you have a coupe you may have tweaked the frame a little either by just hard driving or jacking the car up unbalanced.

jmonday

Established Member
Yeah, jacking up the car could have caused this, too. I do jack all in the right locations, lol. I have been at the track a few time so I'm blaming it on that.

Do you know if there is an adjustment I could do?

Sent from phone.
-JMonday

jmonday

Established Member
7u6ygyja.jpg

aduga6a5.jpg

Sent from phone.
-JMonday

MysticRob

Established Member
If it's anything like my 84 'vert was, there should be an adjustable stop-bracket somewhere in the door panel that can be lowered a bit to stop the window from rising so far. It's more likely that adjustment has become a problem and not a chassis issue.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Like he said, im pretty sure you can adjust it down some. Mine never bothered me because it was on the passenger side and i could lift the top up alittle being a vert.

jmonday

Established Member
:thumbsup: I see. I'll check this out this weekend. The door alignment appears to be even all the way around.

Thanks for the info.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
I have this issue makes wind noise and water will get in alil when I was it, I am also interested if anyone has fixed this.

frank5o

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
I had this problem. Found the window was ripped out of the bracket holding the window on the rear side, its held in by some sort of silicone. If you take the door panel off you will see the issue if you have it. I had to drill out the rivet and remove the bracket to clean it , so I could reattach with a strong silicone.
Sorry I don't have any pics, but if you remove the door panel you should be able to see what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread