driver side diff leak?

implosive

Established Member
Me and a friend put my steeda ultralite springs on the front struts. Then we went to the rear to find that it looks like my diff is leaking on the driver side?

diffleak.jpg

Does any one know why this is happening? the car only has 4600 miles on it. Should i take it straight to the dealer tomorrow morning? Thanks in advance for the help.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
there is a check valve on my drivers side that did the same thing. took it to ford and they said it was normal for it to do that.

implosive

Established Member
damn I meant axle not diff.. anyway, i saw that people were speaking about a vent that lets out fluid.. I am just not sure if this is what i am seeing or if its considered "normal" since i havent seen any pictures posted up about this problem

AZBOSS

Established Member
It is normal, that is the overflow vent. If you're going to track the car, you'll need to get a catch-can setup in-place.

Ford has a "Fix" where they attach a plastic bulb there, but it's pretty hokey imo

SaleenGT2001

Established Member
same thing here. i thought it was something messed up at first until i got it up on the lift

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
It is an over flow breather for the fluid in the rear diff, you can get a catch can for it. The 09 GT500 KR came with one if you want to look up what it looks like. I plan on getting one when I swap out my rear diff fluid this spring.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread