Drivers side window wont go down

Bruce_SVT

Established Member
Ok im having a little problem getting the drivers window to go down. Here are the things ive noticed. It stopped working about 3 months ago, the relay seems to make a little click when the drivers window switch is pushed, but there is no noise when the other windows ( which work ) switch is pushed. I took a hammer and hit the window motor but that didn't seem to do anything, the window motor does get hot after testing the switch for awhile. I did check the connections everything looked good as far as i could see. Any info would be helpful. Does it seem like the motor is bad????? thanks the window is stuck in the up position

slicktsax

Established Member
well there is the window switch and there is another relay for it tucked back on the inside of the door. this relay also controls all the other windows. my friend had his go bad and we took it out put it back in and it worked for a bit now none of his windows work so he needs to replace that relay. but do also check the motor. that could very well be it as well. but as far as the 2nd relay in the driver's side door is i dont remember exactly where but i believe it's by the backside of the speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread