Driverside valve cover removal help !!!!

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
Hey guys does anyone know what all it takes to remove the driver side valve cover i have it all unbolted and it hits the master cylinder but how do i remove this ? I need help asap so I can get this sucker off.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
if you do a search somone had step by step how to. I hate to be the one to tell you but the master and everthing has to be removed.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
It should just pop off when the bolts are out. Then slide it parallel to the motor and out, no?

It seemed pretty easy when I had to do it.

This was the first I heard that you could do it with out removal of the master Try it and good luck!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
looks like the post i just read is missing somone said it could be done sliding it guess they retracted it? well anyway do a search on the valve cover for those step by step instructions

redaddiction

Project Venom
Established Member
I had a post before but I never got instructions on how to remove the master cylinder i know the valve cover will not come off i've tried.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
MJCHIP did a post on it when he retorqued the rockers. It was several months back. He had pics also.
Maybe he could repost it?

I'll look in the manual in the mean time, but I do remember Mark saying the master had to come off, including the lines.

Dana

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
OK,
Here's what's in the manual.
The only way I can get it on here was to make it a Word Document. Sorry.
You'll probably have to down load it to view it.
One doc is Remove and the other is Install.

As far as the bleeding of the hydro boost system, the manual says it is pretty much self bleeding, and what little air is introduced will work its way out.
Dana

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
If you unbolt the master cylinder you can move it out of the way enough to get the valve cover off without removing the brake lines.

Nitrous Pete put a how to up on Modular Fords many many moons ago on this.

stevieb

Established Member
Lucky youre not doing the right side. The book says to reclaim the R134a and remove more crap to get it off.

Users who are viewing this thread