Driveshaft, rear end, or suspension noise

Doglegged

Established Member
Hey guys, been dealing with some crazy popcorn popping noise coming from under the rear seat area. I removed the rear sway bar to verify it wasn't the endlinks the still the noise remained. Car has adjustable upper control arm and bracket, lower control arms, relocation brackets, adjustable pan hard bar, lowered with strange 10 way shocks. Every thing has been torqued twice. Exhaust was check and it's not touching or hitting anything. Here is video I took earlier

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Although I do not have an aftermarket uca, that would be where I would look first for your issue. They are notoriously tough to get quiet.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
Doglegged,

Stock driveshaft or aftermarket driveshaft? "twistedneck" has a driveline vibration/noise thread (a few down from yours) and the noise his car was making (root cause: broken CV joint in driveshaft) sounds similar to the noise in your video.

Heat shield rattling? Check to see that each piece is connected tightly to the body. If it is flapping in the breeze under the car then it could generate that rat-a-tat-tat sound in the video.

Only other thing I can suggest is the bushing in the differential where the UCA connects. Seems like a longshot but it's something else to look at.

HTH,

Chris

Doglegged

Established Member
The car has stock two piece driveshaft but no vibration just noise. I've spent all weekend under the car and only thing I can see is the the upper control arm is in the middle hole on the BMR mount and my car is lowered 1.5" so I should have been in the top hole. I'm dropping off the car today to have my VMP kit installed and tuned so I will let them figure out what the hell is making this noise.

Users who are viewing this thread