Driving a Procharger everday?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I am trying to figure out the best thing to do with my car! I have 5000 miles on it and it is a 03 and just decided to drive it daily......Is it smart to put a procharger on it running low boost......or should I just put a zex nitrous kit on it so I will still have the power when I need it.

On the other end I don't want to have to break open my motor so in other words I'm trying to stay with the stock engine.
....Let me know what you guys think!
I decided to do it...... I went with the kit but upgraded to the d1.....there is a place in St. Louis called Mid Coast Performance that is putting it on and tunning it for me.

Thanks for all the help!​

Hope you have money in savings for a new shortblock. Very rarely do they (stock short block) last on that head unit.

A/F: low mid 11s and timing around 13-15 IMO.

Last edited:

SYMach1

IRS FTW!
Established Member
It can last for awhile a few people are still running on a stock shortblock, BTW mine lasted 2 months lol

frisko4one5

Crazy Mach 1 Poster
Established Member
im goin to be running a p1 procharger on my auto mach 1..p1 because that is the safest way to make sure your stock block lasts very very long..my car is also a DD..i think with a D1 your going to make way too much boost for the car to handle..i think those are set up for something like 10-14 lbs of boost making over 450 to the wheels.. im going to hit the lowest boost possible and have a an extreamly safe tune...

gtoracer123

Established Member
They are going to put me at 405 - 410 at the rear wheels on a mustang dyno. It will be a very low boost application. I just decided to go with the D1 over the P1 because I wanted to have it for down the road and not have to worry about upgrading.....Plus the sound that the d1 puts out over the p1 I had to have it.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
They are going to put me at 405 - 410 at the rear wheels on a mustang dyno. It will be a very low boost application. I just decided to go with the D1 over the P1 because I wanted to have it for down the road and not have to worry about upgrading.....Plus the sound that the d1 puts out over the p1 I had to have it.
Again......QFT: (but, GL)
Hope you have money in savings for a new shortblock. Very rarely do they (stock short block) last on that head unit.

A/F: low mid 11s and timing around 13-15 IMO.

A D1 on a stock block? :??: Doesn't sound like a good combination to me. :shrug:

It can last for awhile a few people are still running on a stock shortblock, BTW mine lasted 2 months lol

My stock block with a D1 lasted 6 months.

im goin to be running a p1 procharger on my auto mach 1..p1 because that is the safest way to make sure your stock block lasts very very long..my car is also a DD..i think with a D1 your going to make way too much boost for the car to handle..i...

gtoracer123

Established Member
Finally done! It went 456 at the rear wheels on a mustang dyno. We had to move the rev limiter down to 5500 because the d1 was gaining to much boost!

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Finally done! It went 456 at the rear wheels on a mustang dyno. We had to move the rev limiter down to 5500 because the d1 was gaining to much boost!

:nonono:

You'll learn.........................................................................I'm guessing in less than 3 months and a built shortblock later you'll learn. :bored:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
:lol1: I see a build thread!

:lol1:

Well, the op never said he didn't have the $$$ for a built block, just that he preferred to keep the stock one. So....um, yeah, +1 on the build thread. :lol:

OP how much boost are you making and with what pulley?

mid 400s on a D1...on an MJ, I'm guessing ~9 pounds.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
man...im about to go on mandatory 6-10's at work...anyone know the best place to scoop up a p1sc kit for a 04 mach? sounds like fun!

YOu can pick up a good used kit (which is sometimes better, less likely to have seal issues) on the registry and here for roughly ~2200 pending. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread