Driving an uninspected car

Triisomy21

Established Member
My registration is due this month for my mustang but it's in storage. Obviously the ten days they give you isn't long enough. I know you can get a form to let you operate an uninspected car for 48 hours but is there any other way? I ask because I need to drive my car to my house, slap on my intercooler and swap a pulley and I'm not sure I'll have enough time in 48 hours to get it home, put said parts on and then drive it to the dyno (he also does inspections) due to my work schedule. Trailering isn't an option.

Any ideas of what I can do? I thought I"d post here before I stop by the police station in my town. Thanks.

red9450

Established Member
worst case scenario, explain it to the cop, and he doesn't believe you. you get a ticket for like $100. Its not like they tow your car or anything. I had this problem before, and had to take the mustang to work uninspected. did it for a week or so with zero problems.

Greg_Hager

Established Member
You wouldn't get a ticket from me for only being expired for a few days, even weeks. When it comes to four or five months? Yeah...then you're getting cited.

What's the law in your area for rejection stickers? I know here in WV you can get a one way permit...doesn't help but I don't know where you're at to look it up for yah. ;)

Triisomy21

Established Member
Ah, I'm in New Hampshire. Thanks for looking Greg!

I'll stop by the police station and ask what I can do.

Greg_Hager

Established Member
The only thing I can really find through a general search on Google has to do with a OBDII inspection in NH.

My best guess would be to drive it as little as possible. Maybe get it out on a Friday that way you've got a day off to do it? Sounds like it can be done but it'll be an all day job...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The police will likely tell you to get it inspected and then put the intercooler and stuff on. which, if you did, would make your question moot.

Users who are viewing this thread