Driving offenses

BostonStrangler

B. A. M. F.
Established Member
I'm about to start applying and sending out applications to local departments around my area. I had a pretty bad driving record back in high school. No DUI's or accidents. Mainly speeding 5-10 over, improper turn, and lost my driving privledge for 10 months cause of being a minor and points adding up(nj puts a 17 year old driving on probation if u get more than 4 points in your first 2 years and i violated that dmv probation and lost it) Since all of that crap i've kept my record clean for the last 3-4 years, nothing more than a ticket for no front plate. All of my points will be gone over the next 2 months. I had a problem in high school once where i had wore a jacket that i had over the winter and left a pocket knife in a pocket, fell out at school and got in trouble for that. TOTAL ACCIDENT i would never bring a weapon to school on purpose.

I'm not a liar at all, and have no problem explaining any of that. but will they judge my past when i was a kid heavly or will they mainly worry about it being clean since then and my good grades in college?

stuff really worries me, i hope its stuff i'll get crap for but won't be penlized for. thanks guys

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Most dept/agencies background investigation will encompass age 16 forward but full disclosure about all events is still required regardless.

mav_tu

Established Member
Don't be suprised if your driving record poses a problem. I had a bit of a heavy foot when I was younger. I hadn't had a ticket in almost 5 years, but that still gave me a problem when I was trying to get hired. Not saying that it will be the same for you, but just so you know...

Users who are viewing this thread