Drivrshaft length?

sweet99

Established Member
I have a '99GT with an '03 Cobra motor and I r3ecently bought a T56 and would like to know the length of the Terminator driveshaft, U-joint center to driveshaft center. If anyone can get me this I would sure appreciate it. I may need a Cobra driveshaft or have mine shortened or need a spacer, I believe it is the former. Thanks

shurur

Established Member
t56 --> IRS == 43.5" cobra 03-04
t56 --> SRS == 44.5" same as cobra 99-01 t45--> IRS
Ford DS available are 45.5" t45/3650 --> SRA.

These are the 1" production DS increments.
The 44.5" is not available (other than a used 99-01 OEM steel DS) without cutting some AL DS down or adding a spacer to the aftermarket (ford terminator) t56-->IRS 43.5" AL DS.
Some will say the other lengths will fit, but the various lengths with transmissions combos are out there for a reason.

Last edited:

sweet99

Established Member
I got a steel DS with the T56 I bought, 43.5"-43.5"center to U-joint center. I have a solid rear. It seems the T56 is an inch longer that the T-45 but until the T56 is in it is a tough measurement. Either way 1 shaft should fit. Any idea what the bolt hole centers are on the Cobra IRS ? The DS has 3"centers where the T45 has 2.5"centers but am not sure what yoke I would need to make the steel Cobra shaft work, maybe a custom spacer? THX! Helped a lot.

Knowing the diameter and/or the bolt hole distance of the Cobra DS would answer all questions!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread