Droid Does?

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
You are right about that. iphones have been catching fire and blowing up all over the world!!!! Apple is so awesome, that the case of the phone can't even contain it's awesomeness and so it blows up and burns/scars the owners!!!! Yay apple!!!! GSM roolz dood, the ATT rep said so!

ROFL! Glad to see you join the Smackdown thread so quickly. :thumbsup:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
We got it. You LOVE the iphone so AT&T is THE BEST network ever created. GSM is the shit and CDMA can't do anything right.

I had a Curve for a couple years and NEVER had an issue with it's speed or the internet capabilities.

Look, your opinion is obviously VERY biased so will you PLEASE stay out of a thread that has NOTHING to do with the iphone, AT&T or GSM. Thanks.

I'm not saying AT&T is the best. I'm saying GSM based technology is much better than CDMA.

You do realize CDMA is maxed out right? Or did you really think Verizon is spending billions to convert to LTE for fun?

I carry 2 phones. My work phone is Blackberry Bold. My personal phone is an iPhone. I sell both all day every day. I see the upsides and downsides to both.

I never said the iPhone is the best phone on the market. No one phone is perfect for everybody. It depends on what the user desires to do with the phone. That's how I sell them. I can look at them on a split level.

Does your curve have a full HTML browser? What OS are you running on it?

The curve might be the right phone for your needs. But that's not the needs of everyone.

I also talked about the Droid based phones that are coming out. I've used a couple seed devices and they are badass. They will def open a new door on the market and the competition will make EVERYBODY better.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Oh and BTW, your precious iphone isn't perfect for everybody either. Any heavy business user would laugh if someone told them to get an iphone.

Apple is trendy. The ipod caught fire almost immediately, the iphone was a hit, there's countless accessories for both, you see em everywhere including Hollywood and movies; but that doesn't mean they're untouchable. They're just what's hot right now.

Before you call me an Apple-hater I'll let you know that I'm typing this response on a Macbook Pro. I'm just not one of those Apple fanboys who thinks they're above everyone else.

Actually the heavy business users have swapped to the iPhone in record numbers. Its another platform for them to use. It doesn't have the full control aspect like Blackberries do so not every company will want that.

Yes Apple is Trendy. But they started a trend with the iPhone that will never stop.

Before we sold the iPhone 16% of my sales had to be smartphone based. Blackberry of Winmo. Now I have to sell 40% iPhone, 20% Blackberry/Smartphone.

I'm one of the highest sellers in my market for Blackberry devices. Since I carry one I know what it can do and how to make it work for a customer.

More and more people are seeing what the iPhone can do and want the capabilities but maybe not in the same platform.

So while the iPhone is trendy it def started a large trend in the industry.

I don't care about the iPod. Never had one before my iPhone.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
You are right about that. iphones have been catching fire and blowing up all over the world!!!! Apple is so awesome, that the case of the phone can't even contain it's awesomeness and so it blows up and burns/scars the owners!!!! Yay apple!!!! GSM roolz dood, the ATT rep said so!

Damned cheap china batteries...lol

rich1011

Established Member
I just got the T-mobile My Touch 3G Android with HTC touch screen. Great phone but i'm still learning about it. This might be another option for you?

Last edited:

LSUstang05

Established Member
So the Blackberry is getting old and I saw this commercial. General searching has not turned up much more than its a motorola phone that is supposed to like the iphone. Is anyone planning on getting one when they come out? Why does George Lucas own (by trademark) the word Droid?

Whats the details on this thing?

PS Not going to get an iphone because I won't switch to AT&T.

Get an iPhone and then unlock it and use it on T-Mobile then.

txyaloo

Established Member
lol. Though if you're in wifi most of the time it wouldnt' be bad.

Until you're out driving around. Not like ATT's 3G coverage on the iPhone is that fast or reliable. I've found TMOs EDGE coverage to suck as well. My Rev A coverage on CDMA networks is plenty fast, and I can roam Rev A on Verizon, old Alltel, and Sprint. I really do have the largest coverage area.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
For the first time in a long time I am out of contract with Verizon and am looking to either switch to the iPhone or get a new phone with Verizon. I have liked Verizons coverage, but there billing has be pretty horrible... it seems like I am fightning with them every month about something. I have used the iPhone quite a bit and like it alot. I am not sure how it is now, but Verizon used to really control there phones... like turning off my turn by turn directions in my 9Qm. In my old phone they made every picture take on my SD card a read only file so the only way I could get them off the phone was to Pic Msg them for 25 cents!
It looks like the Droid phone is more like the iPhone and Verizon has kept there hands off of it. It says $199 for NEW customers, not for renewing customers... I wonder how much it would cost me for the phone?

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
Actually the heavy business users have swapped to the iPhone in record numbers. Its another platform for them to use. It doesn't have the full control aspect like Blackberries do so not every company will want that.

Yes Apple is Trendy. But they started a trend with the iPhone that will never stop.

Before we sold the iPhone 16% of my sales had to be smartphone based. Blackberry of Winmo. Now I have to sell 40% iPhone, 20% Blackberry/Smartphone.

I'm one of the highest sellers in my market for Blackberry devices. Since I carry one I know what it can do and how to make it work for a customer.

More and more people are seeing what the iPhone can do and want the capabilities but maybe not in the same platform.

So while the iPhone is trendy it def started a large trend in the industry.

I don't care about the iPod. Never had one before my iPhone.

So you admittedly work for AT&T and sell their products on an everyday basis and you want us to listen to YOUR opinion about CDMA and other carriers?

I see what you did there.

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
For the first time in a long time I am out of contract with Verizon and am looking to either switch to the iPhone or get a new phone with Verizon. I have liked Verizons coverage, but there billing has be pretty horrible... it seems like I am fightning with them every month about something. I have used the iPhone quite a bit and like it alot. I am not sure how it is now, but Verizon used to really control there phones... like turning off my turn by turn directions in my 9Qm. In my old phone they made every picture take on my SD card a read only file so the only way I could get them off the phone was to Pic Msg them for 25 cents!
It looks like the Droid phone is more like the iPhone and Verizon has kept there hands off of it. It says $199 for NEW customers, not for renewing customers... I wonder how much it would cost me for the phone?

New customers and renewing customers are exactly the same. When your contract runs out and you sign a new one they will give you the promotional price. In every cell phone commercial when they show the price the fine print under it says "Price with 2-year contract agreement."

My contract is up in December and I plan on getting one of the droids that they'll have by then.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
New customers and renewing customers are exactly the same. When your contract runs out and you sign a new one they will give you the promotional price. In every cell phone commercial when they show the price the fine print under it says "Price with 2-year contract agreement."

My contract is up in December and I plan on getting one of the droids that they'll have by then.

oh... cuz it looks like they make a point to say "new" customers. Does the droid use a "standard" web browser IE, Mozilla, Google, or does it have its own?

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
oh... cuz it looks like they make a point to say "new" customers. Does the droid use a "standard" web browser IE, Mozilla, Google, or does it have its own?

That I can't answer for you. All I could guess is maybe a mobile version of Google Chrome? That's probably not right but it would make sense.

But yeah when they say "new customers" they just mean new contracts.

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
the moto droid is a very nice phone. spec and performance wise much better then anything out now, what will make it successful is applications. it does not need 90k the iphone has since most are trash anyway but you put some decent apps and some games on there then verizon wont need an iphone.as it seems they are burning bridges anyway.

By the way its gsm<cdma<1xevdo<3xevdo<hspa not my opinion its market research. while Verizon is moving to lte (quickly) it still will use cdma for voice service so a verizon phone for the next few years will still need CDMA.

Last edited:

ThrottleJunkie

God Bless Silicone
Established Member
the moto droid is a very nice phone. spec and performance wise much better then anything out now, what will make it successful is applications. it does not need 90k the iphone has since most are trash anyway but you put some decent apps and some games on there then verizon wont need an iphone.as it seems they are burning bridges anyway.

By the way its gsm>cdma>1xevdo>3xevdo>hspa not my opinion its market research. while Verizon is moving to lte (quickly) it still will use cdma for voice service so a verizon phone for the next few years will still need CDMA.

I will admit that GSM is a better technology than CDMA but GSM doesn't do much if your coverage blows. I know it's Verizon propaganda but go to AT&T's website and check out their coverage map. Verizon didn't get that graphic outta nowhere. Straight off their site. Hell, Sprint should be ashamed to even post a coverage map.

You can't put a Whipple on a factory cast internal motor and get shocked when your motor blows.

Last edited:

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
That I can't answer for you. All I could guess is maybe a mobile version of Google Chrome? That's probably not right but it would make sense.

But yeah when they say "new customers" they just mean new contracts.

I will probably give the moto droid a try this weekend, as long as verizon gives me a trial period. If I dont like it compaired to the iphone I am jumping ship.

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
I will admit that GSM is a better technology than CDMA but GSM doesn't do much if your coverage blows. I know it's Verizon propaganda but go to AT&T's website and check out their coverage map. Verizon didn't get that graphic outta nowhere. Straight off their site. Hell, Sprint should be ashamed to even post a coverage map.

You can't put a Whipple on a factory cast internal motor and get shocked when your motor blows.

i fixed my original post cdma is better then gsm

Coverage maps are tricky since cdma and gsm are both 2g. all the maps you see are 3g maps so verizon looks better there. I venture to guess the 2g maps are similar in coverage if not more toward att's favor

Users who are viewing this thread