drop shackles + tractionbars ?

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Did a search, didnt find an answer to my question. I bought the truck with the suspension mods done.. and I know it has belltech front springs (they are labeled) but I cant tell if the rear has been dropped any. It looks like it has the factory shackles. I am looking to lower it a bit more in the rear. I want to order the eibach 2" drop shackles. I am runnin JLP longbars, has anyone run into any scraping issues? I have seen trucks with the eibach kit and it still has a rake to it, but I think my truck has too much, which makes me feel as if it isnt lowered.

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Yes, they do have a tendancy to scrape when you use shakels. If I could have gone back in time I would have went with metcos...Just take it slow and you should be fine.
You can see in this pic how low they are..
P1270183.jpg

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
If you lower it more chances are you will have to redrill the holes in the frame for the front mounts because the bars will extend farther forward.

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Wigginwilly, are those 4" drop shackles or 2"?. I like the stance a lot.

Chris.... is this what you had to do?

chrisheltra

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Wigginwilly, are those 4" drop shackles or 2"?. I like the stance a lot.

Chris.... is this what you had to do?

Mine was already lowered before I installed the long bars so I didnt run into that problem. I responded with my answer based on memory. You may want to do a search to confirm.

And yes the front mounts can sit a little low.

HDR1.jpg

Last edited:

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
Well I just got ahold of the previous owner he told me the truck is lowered out back, but that was all he could tell me. Its a good thing I didnt buy those 2" drop shackles. Im not so worried about the height of the track bars, just wanted to make sure there wasnt any issues. chris, what did you use to lower the rear? So far I only found JLPs 4" drop kit (adjustable really) I think 4" will make it sit lower (becuase theres atleast a 2" shackle already installed). Can I remove a leaf spring? Which one would I remove, the very top one or very bottom? Thank you for your input

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Well I just got ahold of the previous owner he told me the truck is lowered out back, but that was all he could tell me. Its a good thing I didnt buy those 2" drop shackles. Im not so worried about the height of the track bars, just wanted to make sure there wasnt any issues. chris, what did you use to lower the rear? So far I only found JLPs 4" drop kit (adjustable really) I think 4" will make it sit lower (becuase theres atleast a 2" shackle already installed). Can I remove a leaf spring? Which one would I remove, the very top one or very bottom? Thank you for your input

Im not sure what you should remove from the stock leaf pack because I didnt go that route. What I did was use Hotchkis leaf with 2" shackles.

Users who are viewing this thread