Drop spindles

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Two questions: Wondering if anybody has or is using drop spindles in the front such as the Racecraft 2" drop and had success.
I was also wondering if anybody had heard of drop spindles for the rear of the irs cars. My understanding is dropping the rear of my 01' cobra anymore than 2" compromises the geometry. I know KB modified the stock subframe and made tubular control arms, but it is out of my price range.
My thought is by using drop spindles you don't need offset rack bushings and bump steer kits to maintain good geometry through the travel.
Last, are there any differences in the 00' R irs and the 01' cobra irs?

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Check corner-carvers.com. There is an entire thread devoted to Racecraft drop spindle use on track. There have been some issues. Ensure you read their rules and search FIRST. They are super knowledgeable and into tech...but are brutal on noobs and those who don't follow the rules.

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member
Seems like alot of people had success with the front drop spindles. Only a couple of issues. I searched and couldn't find anything on irs tech. I cannot join there site because I do not have a private e-mail, just hotmail. I still want to find out if there is any other options other than stock 01' for rear spindles to improve geometry when lowered.

Users who are viewing this thread