Droping bodyfat?

endless381

Established Member
Ive been working out for 3 months now and have went from 235lbs down to 210lbs.All of my clothes fit me alot better but it seems that I still look the same as when I was 235lbs..My diet is great during the week but on the weekends I might drink afew beers and have a cheat meal or two.But I was wondering what can I do to lose the bodyfat?Anybody else have this problem?I really feel like I could drop to 190lbs and still like chubby.....

LITTLEMAGS

Established Member
Ive been working out for 3 months now and have went from 235lbs down to 210lbs.All of my clothes fit me alot better but it seems that I still look the same as when I was 235lbs..My diet is great during the week but on the weekends I might drink afew beers and have a cheat meal or two.But I was wondering what can I do to lose the bodyfat?Anybody else have this problem?I really feel like I could drop to 190lbs and still like chubby.....

You answered your bodyfat question right off the bat. Stop drinking alcohol for one. It slows your metabolic rate and depresses your CNS. I follow a carb cycling program in the offseason to keep my bf levels down. I am 5'6" and weight 220 in the offseason about 8-10% bf. Carb cycling will allow you to eat more "loose" while still dropping bf.
good luck

endless381

Established Member
Is there anything wrong with my diet?

Mornings- 1 cup oatmeal/1 scoop protein/bananna

meal 2 3 and 4 are 6oz grill chicken/ brocolli

meal 5 is 2 scoops protein shake/cottage chesse with a bananna

then after I get home from the gym I take another protein shake with a orange

endless381

Established Member
I just want to understand why I could gain weight up to 260lbs and still grab the same little bit up fat around my waist but I could also drop down to 190lbs but still grab the same little bit of fat?Its like I have thick skin that I cant lose:??:Man it is so frustrating!!I feel like if I could lose this fat that has been with me my whole life I could eat/drink whatever I want and still look lean

endless381

Established Member
Yea Ive been using the eliptical alot here lately....Im thinking about throwing in sum p90x but I cant get motivated at my apt.I wished they did p90x at my gym

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
I just want to understand why I could gain weight up to 260lbs and still grab the same little bit up fat around my waist but I could also drop down to 190lbs but still grab the same little bit of fat?Its like I have thick skin that I cant lose:??:Man it is so frustrating!!I feel like if I could lose this fat that has been with me my whole life I could eat/drink whatever I want and still look lean

First, congrats on the current weight loss. If I read this right you used to weigh up to 260 but now are at 210? (Or was the 260 hypothetical?) However, it is possible what you are seeing is actually extra skin based on your age and how fast you lost the weight. It takes more for the skin to adjust after significant weight loss, sometimes it doesn't without surgery.

But if it is fat, like the one member said - carb cycling is a great way to lose it. A lot of body builders use it prior to competition season to cut the unwanted bf. It can be rough if you are used to eating a lot of carbs and need to balance simple vs. complex carbs based on times of day and workouts. Protein is the main source of sustenance. It isn't so much about calories as it is the quality of what you are eating. That doesn't mean eat 8 pieces of cake on a high carb day - just means more things like raw bell peppers. Yum.

Workout wise - like Molly mentioned - cardio is just as essential as adding a weight routine to it. The elipitical is a good tool BUT if you aren't using enough resistance than pure momentum is getting you through the workout rather than your own energy expenditure.
I'm not sure what your physical limitations are but Cross-fit is a phenomenal workout that generally doesnt take up too much time depending on your fitness level. It's not for the weak hearted though.

Good luck!!

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
I really feel like I could drop to 190lbs and still like chubby.....

Um, that would be because it's easy. Set your sights higher, and this problem will disappear. Or don't, and enjoy big chicks. Either way, you win.

Carry on.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
My diet prolly sucks.,. but I run and loose fat pretty well.,., over 7 miles yesterday and more tomorrow :thumbsup:

TheShadow

Hey, you're a funny guy.
Established Member
Sorry, I was an ass in my earlier post, but it made me laugh. Read before submitting, young man!

On a more serious note, you're either blessed with a high metabolic rate, or you're not. The beer/booze definitely makes a difference, either way.

Short story: Years ago, I was told by my PCP to lay off all alcohol after a blood draw for a life insurance policy. I asked why and they told me my cholesterol was off the chart. Reported LDL of 1300. I asked a buddy of mine who was an MD if I would notice this on my own. He asked if the draw was pink and frothy. Ready to puke at the thought, I answered no. He advised that the draw was probably confused with someone else's (poor bastard).

I felt guilty for consulting another MD, and in punishment for myself, I stuck with the no alcohol regimen for the prescribed 6 months. Mind you, this was the beginning of summer. Did a lot of DD duty, learned that most of my friends are stupid when they drink, and lost A LOT of weight.

End of story; these days I eat what I want, and drink what I want. I just don't feel the need to eat or drink what I used to.

Good luck!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member

That'll do it. :lol:

But seriously, three months and 25 lbs? Good even pace I would think. It's no time to get discouraged, keep it up. You'll get there. Stick to the sound advice you get on here. And easy on the drinks

endless381

Established Member
Um, that would be because it's easy. Set your sights higher, and this problem will disappear. Or don't, and enjoy big chicks. Either way, you win.

Carry on.

Enjoy big chicks?LOL My gf is very thin......Ive posted up pics of here in "Hot gf thread"

s|ck

Established Member
It takes years man, a couple of months is nothing... That's why a lot of people give up after a few months because they don't feel like their gaining any results.

It's a new lifestyle, Stick to it and you'll see results in the long run. :thumbsup:

endless381

Established Member
First, congrats on the current weight loss. If I read this right you used to weigh up to 260 but now are at 210? (Or was the 260 hypothetical?) However, it is possible what you are seeing is actually extra skin based on your age and how fast you lost the weight. It takes more for the skin to adjust after significant weight loss, sometimes it doesn't without surgery.

But if it is fat, like the one member said - carb cycling is a great way to lose it. A lot of body builders use it prior to competition season to cut the unwanted bf. It can be rough if you are used to eating a lot of carbs and need to balance simple vs. complex carbs based on times of day and workouts. Protein is the main source of sustenance. It isn't so much about calories as it is the quality of what you are eating. That doesn't mean eat 8 pieces of cake on a high carb day - just means more things like raw bell peppers. Yum.

Workout wise - like Molly mentioned - cardio is just as essential as adding a weight routine to it. The elipitical is a good tool BUT if you aren't using enough resistance than pure momentum is getting you through the workout rather than your own energy expenditure.
I'm not sure what your physical limitations are but Cross-fit is a phenomenal workout that generally doesnt take up too much time depending on your fitness level. It's not for the weak hearted though.

Good luck!!

No I have never weighed 260lbs,the most I have weighed is 235lbs.I have been 235lbs 3 times in my life and dropping down to 210lbs has always seemed to be easy for me.Only thing I have problems with is losing the fat that has been on me since I was a kid.

here is what I look like this morning......I just want to lose this last bit of fat around my waist and chest

185890_10150203059848327_672388326_8898712_7494738_n.jpg

Should I keep cutting or should I try a clean bulk?

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Don't bulk.

Really focus on your diet and keep lifting weights. Muscle burns fat. The more muscle you have, the faster fat will shed.

Looking at your picture, I'd guess around 14%.

Focus on your diet! Try cutting out carbs after 5 pm. Do fasted cardio in the morning 3-4 times a week before lifting.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
not sure if it was mentioned but genetics can play a roll in your leaning ability sometimes. Switch up your cardio a little but focus more on clean eating CONSISTENTLY.

ever thought about taking ANAVAR? :) j/k

Users who are viewing this thread