Dropped valve

Gr8White5oh

Established Member
So I just recently put my turbo kit on my 2014 and on first start up after sitting for 10 months it dropped a valve down the #1 cylinder. I haven't torn it apart yet but the plugs destroyed and the pistion I'm assuming the heads junk as well. Just looking at my options looking at 1000-1200 wheel but who knows you always want more

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Hmm, are you sure you didn't ingest something into the motor on the first start up. Seems strange you dropped a valve the fist start after a turbo install. How much are you looking to spend, if your on a budget just pick up another stock one and be done with it. I remember Livernois posting pics and flow numbers of their heads and they looked and flowed good.

MG0h3

Established Member
If I was in your shoes Id get a 15' and up shortblock and go that route. Don't they push them into the 800rwhp range with turbos?

Gr8White5oh

Established Member
It's always had a strange noise in the passenger head since I bought it took it to ford multiple times they never "could here it" I live in minnesota and at one time it was sitting in -22 below garage the only thing I can guess is just dumb bad luck or the temperature and something shrunk faster and dropped similar to 5.7 hemis but idk I'll be pulling it out in the next few days and keep you guys up to date I was also thinking of supporting a 15 block and sending it but idk my budget is really just time I want to drive it this summer but it's been sitting for this long what's another few months. Just not sure what to do right now as I'm sure some of you guys found yourself in a situation

Gr8White5oh

Established Member
Update pulled motor out of car flipped it over herd all sorts of cool sounds took oil pan off and all of cylinder #1 was laying in pieces I have no clue what could have caused this the car ran great when I parked it. On the bright side the valves are all still in the head maybe my heads saveable? Guess I'll let you know when I get it off

Users who are viewing this thread