dropping 03 cobra engine w/ twin turbos in my 93

juicedmustang

Established Member
i'm not sure where i'm going to put the turbos, i have to set the motor in the car and see how much room i will have. I would like to get them under the front bumper cover, but i'm not sure if the will fit. If they don't fit i'll probably mount them in front of the engine. I'll get some pics soon, i'm working so many hours at work that i don't have much time to work on it.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
good luck, and would love to see some pics of this!! It is hard enough to fit the 32V motor in, harder to add twins, so good luck to you and you must have some seriously deep pockets!!

PJM99

Established Member
1993 Cobra with 03 cobra engine, trans and IRS would be awesome!

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Sounds like a pretty awesome project. There isn't quite the room under the bumper cover in the 93 as there is in an 03, but under the hood in front of the motor you should have basically the same amount of room. A twin kit like mine should bolt right onto your car (turbos mounted directly in front of the motor).

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
here is a link to a similar build
http://www.mustangweek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1134
and a couple of pics
100_2768.jpg

100_2767.jpg

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
that fox is insane, just awesome!

oh, and i'll retract my last statement since you're serious.

what are you gonna do to run the engine? stand alone or have a harness made using the 03/04 computer?

have you decided on size of the turbos yet, 60-1's?

and obviously some pics would be nice to see. have you been on theturboforums.com yet? there's a modular forum there that will help you along if you have any questions. good luck

juicedmustang

Established Member
I already got the turbos from hellion the are t3/t4 61.5mm turbos. as far as engine management I might use the stock computer with anderson motorsports pms, hellion used it and had pretty good luck with it or i might go with the fast XFI.

juicedmustang

Established Member
I will have some pics soon, been working alot of hours and haven't had time to work on it. thanks for the info fellas i'll take all the information i can get to help me with this project. hey 19cobra93 where did you get your kit from?

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
that is a bad ass car, who ever done it, done it right. is that a real cobra or just a clone?
I believe it's a clone. It's painted 04 Mystic and has a full 04 Cobra interior and suspension. I want one. Here's a couple other pics.

100_2343.jpg

100_2342.jpg

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
that is a bad ass car, who ever done it, done it right. is that a real cobra or just a clone?

It is a real cobra originaly teal. click on the link above the first pic and you can read the story and see before and after pics. I belongs to Arron Stiles "asperformance" he used to post on here but was banned.
He is on my site, if you want to talk to him. www.1993cobra.com

Users who are viewing this thread